PDA

View Full Version : Configure stopped working after KDE installation

ahvi
28th June 2007, 03:58 PM
After I installed KDE alongside of GNOME in 32-bit F7, my ./configure stopped working.

bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
I'm not sure if the two are related. a locate shows that configure.ac is installed under libtools, but I'm not quite sure why ./configure is not working? Autoconf seems to be installed correctly under yum, I even tried removing it and adding it again. I would appreciate any help that anyone might give me.

Thank you very much

RobertoVanto
28th June 2007, 04:54 PM
As the message said, configure doesn't work because there is no such file. When you want to install a program from the source code, you have to extract the compressed package(usually with tar), enter in the new folder(just created), and run the configure script.

ahvi
28th June 2007, 10:42 PM
Wow, I didn't even think to try to configure another program from source. Your right, something was wrong with the configure file of the specific program I was trying to complile. Sheesh, thank you very much for the response.(I can't believe I didn't try another program :rolleyes: ) So is autoconf different from the configure files in the source directories?