PDA

View Full Version : nvidia & console

parkash
18th June 2007, 09:41 AM
So, I've had this problem since I first installed nvidia drivers about a year ago... And, apparently it's fixed... I say apparently because I have Fedora 7 and Arch (both 64 bit) in my laptop. In the latter, when I start my X session, the Nvidia driver is loaded and everything works correctly and (keywords-->) the console works too. I can switch to any console with ctrl-alt Fx and they actually work and have characters and alll. (So I thought it was already solved for other distros as well)

Nevertheless in Fedora 7, I have a newer Nvidia driver and it works too and all. But without any console. If I switch to a console my X session breaks and logs out, and the console is anyway un-readable.

Does anybody know if there's a way round this? I mean, it's not such a big problem, but it IS annoying. :confused:

pete_1967
18th June 2007, 09:49 AM
What happens when you do [ctrl][alt]F7?

parkash
18th June 2007, 10:23 AM
Well my X session is there again... But I'm logged out. Anyway, that just happened once, the problem is the console, when I try to go to any console they're all blurry, It is impossible to read anything...