PDA

View Full Version : fedora7 suspend does not work

llobahrren
12th June 2007, 12:21 PM
Hi,

I just installed fedora7 and since suspending was not resuming even after adding a line like

acpi=force resume=/dev/sda1

I thought it could be due to the file system... so I went for a second install and chose ext3 and made a swap partition of 3 GB (enough) and... still I had the same problem :eek:

I've been told this will be fixed soon with an update of the kernel. Is it true? If not, how can I fix this problem? And when would this fix be due?

Cheers

multescugeorge@
12th June 2007, 12:35 PM
Patience, if you've been told it's going to be fixed, then wait for it.
They can't just throw in a fix and let the kernel into the wild, they need to check i the fix doesn't break other computer's suspend (for example)
You can try to compile a kernel from www.kernel.org, but i'd say to leave that for the long winter nights.

llobahrren
12th June 2007, 12:50 PM
thanks a lot... I was looking forward to the answer of a moderator or developer here :D

I was told at a German forum and thought that the best would be to ask directly here

In principle compiling a kernel is not a problem for me, but I wonder how "customised" fedora's kernel is

leigh123linux
12th June 2007, 01:21 PM
thanks a lot... I was looking forward to the answer of a moderator or developer here :D

I was told at a German forum and thought that the best would be to ask directly here

In principle compiling a kernel is not a problem for me, but I wonder how "customised" fedora's kernel is

You are asking in the wrong place try here instead ;)

http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

batterylaptop
14th June 2007, 05:05 AM
mmm try to google " fedora7 suspend does not work“

llobahrren
15th June 2007, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I found the problem. I post it here because it may be of interest for somebody else.

It's the firewire. It's not waking up. When resuming it causes a kernel panic. I realised because the capslocks were blinking all the time. I had to go through a lot of modules to find out which one was producing it.

Actually it's a known post. I found it later.

So edit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist and add

# Firewire - see bug 241700
blacklist fw_ohci

that's it

happy suspending,

Pau

PS: I forgot... I am using an old intel video card. The i18n river was also giving trouble, so that you also have to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and substitute it with the new one, the "intel" driver. That's also very important