PDA

View Full Version : Stock Trading Software

telepatico
11th June 2007, 03:40 AM
Is there any plan to add stock trading software to updates or packages? Anyone knows or use such type of software? I would like to know, since I am trading stocks. Thanks.

danwaineo
11th June 2007, 04:41 AM
Is there any plan to add stock trading software to updates or packages? Anyone knows or use such type of software? I would like to know, since I am trading stocks. Thanks.

Is there a program in windows that provides the features you want? I really like gnucash for managing my money and retirement accounts. You can have it automatically pull stock quotes from the internet. Gnucash is one of my favorite programs in linux. I like it much better than quicken or microsoft money. It takes a little while to figure out and set up your accounts, but once you do it's really powerful.

Also there is "invest chart" under Applications --> Office..

telepatico
11th June 2007, 06:21 PM
In buggy Windows there are few such as esignal, omnitrader, and quote tracker, but I would like to integrate most of my computer operations into Fedora. For example, instead of using Microsoft Word, Access, Powerpoint, Publisher, and others as I have been using for years, I am now in the process of using Open Office.

On my laptop, even that wireless, Thunderbird and a second monitor are not working, I don't mind to wait for future releases. My plan is to become a fully dedicated user of Fedora. Microsoft will be in use for college purposes, such as Visual Studio, but part of it, like C++ to be exact, Is already possible in Fedora.

I do use XAMPP, for the PHP, MYSQL, APACHE and other stuff on it. Database integration through a website etc.

My PC runs very fast loading Fedora, the Desktop Publisher and other stuff on it, like the updates. Windows drives me crazy with the amount of resources it takes for anything, in a way, that my Duo Core processor laptop suffers with some software.

Well, I am trying to do everything or at least most of what I do with Windows but with Fedora, and so far, I am very please with the results. Not working things mentioned above wont prevent or change my mind on my decision. So when you help me, you just add more reasons to believe in great support from the forum.

Thanks for your help and for anyone who has helped me so far.

danwaineo
11th June 2007, 07:10 PM
I don't know of any financial software like you mentioned above for linux. I tend to view this as a good thing, since I'm more of a proponent of books like "A random walk down wall street". I consider all of the trend analysis software as pretty much useless but to each his own.

rbo83
9th November 2007, 12:19 PM
Check the opensource 'aiotrade' at www.aiotrade.com. It is a free java-based application that reads the online quotes from Yahoo (20 minutes delayed) but has most all the stuff you need to maintain a virtual portfolio, including charts, a ton of indicators, watch, etc. It requires java1.5+ Download the .zip file, unzip it to your home directory, and run the ~/aiotrade/bin/aiotrade shell script. I use it.

You can also check http://www.advancedstocktracker.org/ which is a free web-based trading application. (Requires that you run a web server and other stuff)