PDA

View Full Version : Audigy LS detected on firstboot, but not anymore

peterjmag
10th June 2007, 11:56 AM
Hello all,

I just recently installed Fedora 7 on an HP xw workstation with an Audigy LS PCI sound card. When I booted Fedora for the first time, I went through the initial configuration process (with date/time, users, etc), and it detected and configured my Audigy LS for me correctly. I could hear the test sound when it played, and all was well.

Now, however, the card isn't detected at all. Any program I run that requires a sound device tells me that it couldn't find any... I even edited the firstboot sysconfig file to allow me to run the firstboot config again, but the audio configuration doesn't even appear in that process anymore.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but here are a few more major things I've changed since my first boot:

Ran a full yum update (updated about 38 packages, but I'm not sure if that included any sound-related ones)
Uninstalled the xen kernel and switched the default boot to the base kernel so I could do the next step
Installed nVidia's official drivers for my Quadro FX 3400
Changed my nVidia drivers over to the livna ones (in order to get Desktop Effects to work)

As far as I know, I haven't touched anything relating to the sound card configuration, but I'm still pretty new to the Linux world, so I may be wrong...

Any suggestions?

peterjmag
11th June 2007, 11:38 AM
Anybody? I'd really appreciate any help with this...