PDA

View Full Version : Wireless disconnects overnight

spiffytech
8th June 2007, 12:40 PM
During the last several nights, my wireless (Intel ipw3945) will disconnect overnight. When I come back to my computer in the morning, F7's knetworkmanager will still scan for access points, but when I try to connect to mine, it sits at 28% forever.

Based on my not-perfectly-reliable information from last night (the date my command prompt read when I was disconnected from SSH, I'm assuming that was when the wireless died) indicates that this happened after 5.5 hours of inactivity on my laptop. The only way I know to solve this is to reboot. What could be going wrong?

InKo
8th June 2007, 01:10 PM
I would suggest to take a look at /etc/acpi/events and /etc/acpi/actions, at first.

there may be settings power and wlan or something like that... :)

spiffytech
8th June 2007, 02:29 PM
I have no /etc/acpi directory. Also, when I do "find /etc -name '*events*'", I only find /etc/sound. I find nothing when searching for "actions". If I do the find from / I don't turn up anything that looks relevant, just eventsrc files for lots of apps and some kernel source files.

InKo
11th June 2007, 10:26 AM
I have no idea...
.... I would also check your wlan router settings...
:)

spiffytech
11th June 2007, 12:53 PM
This doesn't seem like a router problem. Neither Kubuntu nor Sabayon exhibited this problem, and since a simple reboot fixes it, I don't think the router is involved.