PDA

View Full Version : F7, Radeon 9600 - Out-Of-Box Compiz/Beryl compatibility

zara2stra
8th June 2007, 09:40 AM
I have made a fresh install of F7 several days ago. At first I was reluctant to install the new Fedora, hearing about the problem with fglrx, and remembering all those nasty headaches with my radeon while still in FC6 (thanks again, leigh for helping me then). But after reading the post on the workaround with downgrading Xorg, I proceeded, and was quite surprised to see that during the first boot after the install, the screen resolution was set to maximal. I lowered the resolution, and curiously checked the desktop effects menu - imagine my surprise when it worked :) One of the first things that I yum'med for was Beryl, and it worked too, with no problems. The card is Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis with 256MB. My xorg.conf is using the "Radeon" driver.

Overall, I have very positive feelings about the new Fedora - it runs smoothly, looks good, does what I need it to do, and the out-of-box Compiz/Beryl compatibility on my, somehow outdated machine was the cream on top of it all:)

tsorvoja
8th June 2007, 10:50 AM
Same here, with Ati Raden 9600 Atlantis desktop effects worked out-of-the-box (though I don't know much about this Beryl stuff...) ;)

sharique
8th June 2007, 06:05 PM
Pls post screen shots.