PDA

View Full Version : F7 - how to remove hibernate hooks in grub....?

mgleahy
7th June 2007, 09:05 PM
Hello,

I have been using Fedora on a dual boot laptop...I frequently use the hibernate option, and I'm not a fan of having to fully shutdown Fedora so I can get to WinXP. So, I've normally been commenting out the code in /etc/pm/hooks/01grub so that it won't force grub to automatically boot back into Fedora if it has been hibernated.

Now, however, on Fedora 7, the file in /etc/pm/hooks no longer exists (nor does the hooks folder for that matter). I have successfully hibernated, so I know that's working fine...but I can't find where I should configure this so that I can still boot into Windows if I hibernate Fedora.

FWIW: I do realize the rationale behind forcing the reboot back into Fedora...which prevents loading the wrong kernel if there has been an update, and conflicts between OSs that could potentially mount the same drives...but I'm proficient enough to avoid those problems on my own, and I'd prefer the freedom to boot into either OS without full startup/shutdown operations.

So...does anyone know where I should look for this config on Fedora 7?

Dragoran
9th June 2007, 11:08 AM
the file is /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/01grub now
adding a exit 0 at the top should work.

mgleahy
11th June 2007, 06:16 AM
Thanks...that's exactly what I was looking for.

I would add to my question however: although it's easy to hack this script so that it doesn't do anything to grub after hibernating, is there a way to more subtly massage it such that it still sets the default kernel (so an updated kernel version doesn't get booted by accident), but still allows me to manually select the OS from the usual grub startup screen?