PDA

View Full Version : LG DVD/CD drive only works sometimes

slade17
6th June 2007, 06:38 PM
I've never been able to get my drive fully working in any linux distro. in FC6, if i try using the nautilus cd/dvd creator to burn a .iso, it doesn't recognize that there is a blank CD in the drive. the disk never actually spins up, and i just repeatedly get a message telling me to insert a blank disk. gnomebaker also failed, i had to burn the Fedora 7 ISO with k3b. now in fedora 7, i tried burning a .iso with nautilus, and it started the burn, and then failed. i also tried using dvdrip, and although fedora recognizes the dvd, dvdrip won't work. it fails with the message:

Job 'Read TOC (lsdvd)' failed with error message:
Error reading table of contents. Please check your DVD device settings in the Preferences and don't forget to put a DVD in the drive.

the dvd is in the drive, and the correct drive is specified.

the drive hasn't worked correctly with debian, either.

Finalzone
6th June 2007, 07:50 PM
I think your DVD driver is dying. My system has both LG DVD-ROM and DVD-RAM that run smoothly.

slade17
6th June 2007, 07:57 PM
I think your DVD driver is dying. My system has both LG DVD-ROM and DVD-RAM that run smoothly.
I just bought it. I've had three drives, and none of them have run perfectly with everything, although the last one was a lot better.