PDA

View Full Version : Quick media buttons disfunctional + more

CowboyKarim
6th June 2007, 06:54 AM
Hey guys,

So I installed Fedora today on this Dell laptop but im having problems:

(1) On the front panel of the laptop there are media buttons (volume up, down, play, stop, pause, etc) but none of them work. I dont see anything you can get from dell for linux that could enable them to work either.

(2) Surprisingly, on my finger touchpad you can scroll with your fingers by using the sides of the touchpad and that STILL works but I dont know if theres anyway to

(a) disable that function

(b) change touch pad sensitivity

All power options working fine, im loving Fedora Im just in the process of trying to learn more about it.

It is exciting to be so into computers again (which only really comes when youre a beginner to something you love)

mdulzo
6th June 2007, 07:50 AM
For the first part, look into a program called keytouch. I'm not sure it will handle your laptop's multimedia buttons, but it handles my multimedia keyboard's buttons really well. I think you can get it from yum.

CowboyKarim
6th June 2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks ill look it up, ill look more into this 'yum' also ive been hearing about since Ive installed Fedora

KKJensen
14th June 2007, 09:18 PM
I've also go multimedia keys that aren't recognized...

I don't see keytouch in yum...is it in another repository???

CowboyKarim
14th June 2007, 11:58 PM
The touchpad doesnt work for me =/ all options are greyed out like its not compatible

KKJensen
15th June 2007, 02:38 PM
I managed to install the FC6 version of touchkeys and it does seem to be able to load other keyboards. I picked the Acer that was closest to what my model was and ended up with two more keys that work but I have 4 more that don't...I need to find out how to add my exact keyboard.