PDA

View Full Version : Boot from CD get stucks

Mankind
3rd June 2007, 04:58 PM
Hi there

I want to install Fedora 7 on the PC of a friend. When I choose the first option from the CD the kernel image loads and then ready is printed nothing happens.

I tried with noapic boot option but no much more.

Have you ideas ? (Maybe I wrote some mistakes i'm not english ;) sorry)

dwave
3rd June 2007, 05:13 PM
If you are positive that is not due to a media failure you can try more boot options to find a working combination for your hardware:

apm=off
ide=nodma
pci=noacpi
acpi=off
noapic

Also, it would be helpful to know more about your hardware setup.

rmducks
3rd June 2007, 05:36 PM
If you are positive that is not due to a media failure you can try more boot options to find a working combination for your hardware:

apm=off
ide=nodma
pci=noacpi
acpi=off
noapic

Also, it would be helpful to know more about your hardware setup.
I am experiencing the same identical thing. My system consists of an Intel 3.6 Ghz Prescott CPU, 2 Gig of Ram, nVidia 7600 GTX OC, Audigy 2 ZS, and it Utilizes to DVD drives, one being a Pioneer AO9 16x and the other a SONY 18x capable of all Media including dual-layer. The same identical disk works everytime on my Toshiba laptop, and runs like a dream. Go Figure!

I have a freind about 3/4 mile away that programs in Linux professionaly, and he has several machines to choose from and none of the will even come up with the install image. We both will be tracking the forum to see if anyone has the answers for this one.

Good luck

rmducks

Mankind
3rd June 2007, 05:54 PM
That the PC:

CPU : AMD Athlon : 2.2Ghz

RAM : 512Mo

GraphicCard : Nvidia Geforce 5500 FX
One HDD In Serial Ata and Other one in IDE

I don't know for the Motherboard