PDA

View Full Version : A few problems

Norehca
3rd June 2007, 12:23 AM
I've got few problems.

I'm having a problem with the system sounds. I've herd there not too good, but id like to give em a try. But everytime i enable them i cant login and therefor have to recreate my user through root. Even when i click play next to the chime it wont play. My sound works fine, its just the sounds wont work.

Another problem im having is the inability to use the volume control on my Gateway M210 laptop. It just wont work. It's not a huge deal.

I am also wondering why i need to use sudo when i can simply use su to change to root.

Oh and what is the "save current setup" option in the shutdown box?

Some problems i had before that i were able to solve is my sound not working. THe drivers were installed and it was recognizing it fine, but i had to go into the mixer and disable External Amplifier. Make sure to check EVERYTHING in the mixer.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. I love Fedora so far and have no plans on switching back to Ubuntu. They couldnt even get the Desktop Effects working properly. About the only thing better is it has apt-get, aptitude and support for .deb files. I can definately live without them.

tw2113
3rd June 2007, 12:27 AM
sudo is a command used just for that current command. going into su grantes you root access for every command that you type after that, until you type exit