PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird 2.0 Crashes

helter
2nd June 2007, 09:44 AM
Has anyone experienced an issue with Thunderbird 2.0 (version 2.0.0.0 (20070419) is what I have installed) crashing when you click on a message in your Inbox? at least thats where it seems to just shut down when I click on a message. I never had this problem in FC6, nor did I have it after I updated to F7.

edit: I disabled the Lightning add-on, and restarted Thunderbird... it seems to work just fine now... I guess it was that.

ekimd
6th June 2007, 08:52 PM
Same trouble here. If I disable Lightning then everything seems to work fine. Also--Lightning was interfering with the WebMail add-on.

tsorvoja
7th June 2007, 07:57 AM
Same problem here with F7 with Lightning in Thunderbird.

dbarrick
24th February 2008, 03:30 AM
Same problem is still occurring in FC8. Thunderbird 2.+ works fine without Lighting. If lighting is installed when trying to click a new/any message Thunderbird crashes. Disabled Lighting and Thunderbird works as expected.

I'm glad to see that almost a year later the same issue is still occurring. If the developers are touting how much better linux is they should be fixing the obvious bugs. If this continues linux will not be much better than microsoft.

Hlingler
24th February 2008, 03:39 AM
Hello:

This is almost certainly not a problem inherent in Linux, nor Fedora, nor even Thunderbird, but rather a faulty or poorly-written extension (by someone who has no affiliation to Fedora or Mozilla). If you really want to see this fixed, then go to the Mozilla Thunderbird extension page for Lightning, and post a review/complaint there, so that the author knows that there's a problem and maybe will fix it (if you ask nicely...).

V