PDA

View Full Version : Install Problem.

ruoxi
1st June 2007, 09:10 PM
When I install the latest copy of Fedora 7,It goes wrong the time really start install. I divied parttions and chosed software packages I need.all things go well. After that I start to copy the system files to my harddisk,It showd that :
02:53:19 ERROR: Error running lvm :无法分配内存.
02:53:19 ERROR: Error running lvm command: Error running lvm :无法分配内存.
Why this happend?What should I do? :confused:
The distribution of Fedora is Fedora 7 DVD_x86_64.iso. All iso files are OK.My computer processer: AMD Athlon64 939 3000+. MotherBroad: ASUS A8N-VM CSM.

paul matthijsse
1st June 2007, 09:34 PM
The latest copy you say, that means the official copy of Fedora 7 that was released yesterday? Or a previous test release? In your case the Logical Volume Manager can't start (that software deals with your hard disk(s)), and that means you have a serious problem. Perhaps try a 32 bit version instead and see if the problem persists. Don't forget Fedora 7 is brand new (only 24 hours old and still smoking!) and brand new software has, nearly always, its youth problems...

Paul.

ruoxi
2nd June 2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks for replying to my question.The latest copy I mean is the copy released on 31th May.I didn't known what's wrong.The first copy of GNU/Linux is RedFlag 5.0 desktop. It's also a X86_64 one. Today, I installed a Fedora core 6 X86_64 copy, It's go well. I know It's couldn't avoid some bugs in all softwares, Let alone new ones. I just want Fedora 7 goes better day by day. Thanks again for your hard working.