PDA

View Full Version : Recommened Yum.conf

STEVE555
1st June 2007, 01:43 PM
Hi to all,
I've just downloaded,burned,and installed Fedora 7 on my system.I was wondering if anybody would post a good yum.conf so I can start getting the latest updates and drivers?The reason I'm asking is because I have read the news that the fedora repositories have been merged for version 7 and I'm not quite sure what the format would be to add extra repositories to my yum.conf.

Regards,
STEVE555

markkuk
1st June 2007, 01:49 PM
You already have the correct yum.conf from the F7 installation. Adding repos directly to yum.conf has been deprecated for a while, you should create a .repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d/ for each repository you want to use. Most repos provide a RPM package that contains the .repo files and GPG keys.

kosh
1st June 2007, 03:32 PM
And what about the packages in the cache?
In FC6 I used mounted DVD image with symlink to the packages folder (like '/var/yum/cache/base/packages' leaded to all core packages in mounted directory with DVD contents) to make usage of yum more comfortable for experiments. With FC7 yum checks for free space in 'packages' dir, though the needed packages are already there... Is there a way to use mounted ISO's RPMs as a package folder on FC7?