PDA

View Full Version : Core 7 updated - gdk errors and more

perlguy
31st May 2007, 03:26 AM
I'm running FC7 on an AMD 64 box. I've been running 'yum update' about every 2 days to keep things current.

Today, I ran it and things aren't looking good.

Upon booting, when NFS tries to make its connections I get: mount.nfs: Bad address

I'm also seeing all sorts of USB errors, mostly (usb 2-4: device descriptor read/64, error -71)

And, when I try to login, X restarts and throws me back to the login screen. /var/log/messages shows the following errors.

kernel: gdm-binary[3927': segfault at 00...04 rip 000...00 rsp 000...000 error 4

There were also a couple of GLib-Object Warnings about invalid cast types, but I don't think those were fatal.

Any help getting my system back would be greatly appreciated!

Perlguy.

perlguy
31st May 2007, 04:14 AM
By switching my display manager from gdm to kdm I am now at least able to get to my desktop.

Still stuck with the nfs errors.

I think my next step is going to be to download the final version of FC7 and do a fresh install.

I still welcome any and all ideas for help!

Perlguy.

mbokil
31st May 2007, 04:57 AM
I would just get the final release of Fedora 7. I downloaded it and am using it now to write this comment. No problems so far.

bob
31st May 2007, 05:09 AM
Exactly right, mbokil. If the problems persist in the Final Fedora7, please file a bugzilla and let's get it fixed.

ajamison
31st May 2007, 06:34 AM
If you ran an update yesterday at all then you just axed your system because they started the update tree for F8

Newbie_2007
31st May 2007, 10:24 AM
>>>Core 7 updated - gdk errors and more

I am also getting the same error messages. I am currently using KDE session now. Hope we can get the fix in updates soon.

v00d00
31st May 2007, 12:15 PM
>>>Core 7 updated - gdk errors and more

I am also getting the same error messages. I am currently using KDE session now. Hope we can get the fix in updates soon.

You cant.

You have both just updated to Fedora 8 Test 0.1 (or something like that). Thats why its called a development branch, because you use it to develop with.

Download the final release and clean install it (if you want a stable system). That is the only way forward.

JN4OldSchool
31st May 2007, 12:53 PM
and aWay we gooo...

fedorachina
31st May 2007, 07:54 PM
F7 final release is out