PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 7 support question

PTP
28th May 2007, 12:55 AM
Is F7 going to have biuld in support for the Dell wireless 1500 draft 802.11n wlan mini-card??

I cannot get wireless on my E1705 w/ FC6.

bob
28th May 2007, 01:26 AM
The Forum won't have that answer for you. You should sign up for the Testing mailing list here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate#head-d2b45e2e5ffe035c8d5b5ef175f634836eafefca and post your question so that developers can respond. You could also check the development area on Bugzilla and see if it's mentioned: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi

Demz
28th May 2007, 01:57 AM
Is F7 going to have build in support for the Dell wireless 1500 draft 802.11n wlan mini-card??

I cannot get wireless on my E1705 w/ FC6.
have you tried Ubuntu Feisty Fawn? i cant see why Fedora 7 wont work for you as both Distro's use the same Updated Driver set, ( someone correct me if im wrong )

ajamison
28th May 2007, 04:29 AM
You can allways use fwcuter and put the firmware in the firmware directory on your computer that is supposed to make FC6 or F7 pick up the correct IRQ's for the wireless card

PTP
28th May 2007, 03:01 PM
thanks for all the help all,
my problem is I just started using Linux for the first time ever like 2 wks ago and a lot of the terms/steps and instructions online assume you know a certain amount.
I have no idea what nsdiwrappers and fcutters are??!! ....let alone how to use them.

I am trying to learn up on all this stuff so I am working on reading all the FAQs and other stuff.
thanks all

Demz
28th May 2007, 03:10 PM
Welcome To The Forums :)

ajamison
28th May 2007, 05:58 PM
thanks for all the help all,
my problem is I just started using Linux for the first time ever like 2 wks ago and a lot of the terms/steps and instructions online assume you know a certain amount.
I have no idea what nsdiwrappers and fcutters are??!! ....let alone how to use them.

I am trying to learn up on all this stuff so I am working on reading all the FAQs and other stuff.
thanks all
Ahh I remember those times

Let give you a little command for installing programs. Something I used when i first started Linux and still use occationaly is a program called Yum Extender it is a graphical version of Yum pretty much.

Ok open a terminal windows you can do this by going to the applications menu the accessories then terminal.

Now type

su

hit enter then enter the root password you setup when installing

then you can type this to install Yum Extender

yum install yumex

Once install you will find it in the applications menu under system tools

this program is not as flexible as using the terminal but it helps while you adjusting to Linux