PDA

View Full Version : Yum Not Working

Starmage187
26th May 2007, 06:02 PM
Hello. I recently installed Fedora 6.97 on my notebook, and for the most part it has been fine. I can't however, seem to get yum to work. I thought it might be my work connection, but my personal network gives a similar, although not the same, error.

The work connection tries to connect to every repository, and then comes back with an error saying something about could not open file. My private network says the following:

"Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/6.93/mirrors-freshrpms error was
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 17:00:55 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix)
Content-Length: 313
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: freshrpms"

Fresh RPMs is not the only repository in the folder, but still, this is all it says.

Trying to install rpm using dependency tracking gives simmilar error (of course).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Starmage187
26th May 2007, 06:20 PM
Graphical package installation gives "cannot retrieve software information" error

marcrblevins
27th May 2007, 07:42 AM
Freshrpms for Fedora 7 Test?
Wait it out til official Fedora 7 gets release, unless you are a Fedora 7 tester.

bob
27th May 2007, 12:08 PM
I'm using Livna with the 6.92 and had to change the 'enabled=1' to 'enabled=0' for all but the "development" sections to get it to work. The standard Livna setup is for Fedora6 and will fail under the Testing versions of Fedora7 until after the release date. I imagine the same is probably true for Freshrpms, although I haven't bothered to add it yet.

Marc is right though; it's just a very few days. At that time, you should do a fresh install of Fedora7 Final and get everything set up afterwards. I'm sure Freshrpms will be available almost immediately.

Starmage187
29th May 2007, 02:59 PM
I suppose you're right. It just irks me that the whole thing is working. I just finished a requested install at work using the same test, and without freshrpms it worked fine. So, I guess that solves that.

Thanks for you help. ;)

w5set
30th May 2007, 02:17 AM
yum --excluderepo=freshrpms* update
might work too.
or
yum --excluderepo=freshrpms* install xxxxxx

kc1di
30th May 2007, 10:34 AM
Hello. I recently installed Fedora 6.97 on my notebook, and for the most part it has been fine. I can't however, seem to get yum to work. I thought it might be my work connection, but my personal network gives a similar, although not the same, error.

The work connection tries to connect to every repository, and then comes back with an error saying something about could not open file. My private network says the following:

"Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/6.93/mirrors-freshrpms error was
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 17:00:55 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Unix)
Content-Length: 313
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: freshrpms"

Fresh RPMs is not the only repository in the folder, but still, this is all it says.

Trying to install rpm using dependency tracking gives simmilar error (of course).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Disable all the Repros and enable the development Repro and it will work.
you will want to of course re- enable all the other repros after the offical launch.
Cheers!