PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver installation using wine

abhishek77
25th May 2007, 03:49 PM
I am trying to install dreamweaver 8 on linux fedora core 6.

on the website frankscorner.org, for dreamweaver it has the following commands.
wine dreamweaver-en.exe to install Dreamweaver.
wine dreamweaver.exe in the installation directory to run Dreamweaver.

are the commands to be entered in terminal window logged in as root?
I did that and it came with installation bar and it shows some errors as below.
where am i going wrong? The exe file is located on hard drive.

Dreamweaver8-en.exe
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x160cb8 0x34e794) stub!
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"root" (nil) 0x34e2a4 (nil) 0x34e2a0 0x34e2ac - stub
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"root" 0x16c678 0x34e2a4 0x16c690 0x34e2a0 0x34e2ac - stub
err:msi:ACTION_CallDllFunction failed to find action {2a6a737a-0acc-11dc-f894-000b6b499d0c}
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ISStartup" returned 1603

[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad programs]# wine dreamweaver.exe
wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\dreamweaver.exe": Module not found
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

spooky2
25th May 2007, 05:16 PM
I followed Frank also a while back and had the same problem. So being curious I just double clicked the .exe file and wine did the rest. It worked fine then. I'm getting farther and farther away from M$ stuff so I no longer use it. Flash,Fireworks & Photoshop worked the same way if your interested.

pete_1967
25th May 2007, 05:18 PM
You shouldn't need to be logged in as root, Wine runs in userspace.

I believe you need to run initial Wine configuration before you can try to instal anything, but since I don't use Wine, I'm not sure.

abhishek77
25th May 2007, 05:22 PM
just tried this. please help!

[abhishek77@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad ~]$ wine /media/Macromedia 8/Dreamweaver8-en.exe
wine client error:28: version mismatch 276/299.
Your wineserver binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
[abhishek77@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad ~]$ wine /system:/media/hdc/Dreamweaver8-en.exe
wine client error:2e: version mismatch 276/299.
Your wineserver binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
[abhishek77@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad ~]$
.................................................. ............................................

I did click on the exe file directly. it brings up a message wine windows emulator loading application but nothing happens.

is there any exact clone of dreamweaver for linux mainly for coldfusion server behaviours and lots of other features?

spooky2
25th May 2007, 06:56 PM
How long did you wait for nothing to happen? I seem to remember it took like five minutes before I saw anything happen. Sorry I'm not more help.

abhishek77
25th May 2007, 07:06 PM
When i click the exe file, this brings up the message wine loading application in taskbar and after around 20 seconds, the message disappears.

spooky2
25th May 2007, 07:31 PM
I never received that message before when installing. If you put the install.exe into your home folder or wherever and click on it you should see the dreamweaver install wizard and everything. It looks just like it would under M$.

abhishek77
25th May 2007, 10:35 PM
I had installed dreamweaver and was unable to start it up so i uninstalled it and did a new installation. Now the problem is that it does not perform a full installation. The install sheild wizard does however start up. it asks for files to be overwritten and a few steps later it asks if i want to repair or remove the program and it is now doing this each time no matter what option i am selecting.
How do i completely remove it to perform a fresh installation? Below is what i am getting.

Password:
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad ~]# updatedb
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad ~]# locate Dreamweaver8.exe
/home/abhishek77/Desktop/abhishek_folder/Apps/programs/Dreamweaver8.exe
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad ~]# cd /home/abhishek77/Desktop/abhishek_folder/Apps/programs/
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad programs]# wine Dreamweaver8.exe
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x161000 0x34e794) stub!
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"root" (nil) 0x34e2a4 (nil) 0x34e2a0 0x34e2ac - stub
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"root" 0x166620 0x34e2a4 0x16a210 0x34e2a0 0x34e2ac - stub
fixme:rpc:RpcMgmtWaitServerListen not waiting for server calls to finish
err:ole:TMStubImpl_Invoke invoke call failed with exception 0xc0000005 (-1073741819)
err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, c0000005
fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x641f98): stub
err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment, should have been 0x2000000021
err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, 8001010e
fixme:rpc:RpcRevertToSelfEx (0x641f98): stub
err:msi:deformat_environment Unknown environment variable L"ALLUSERSPROFILE"
fixme:msi:ControlEvent_HandleControlEvent unhandled control event L"ReinstallMode" arg(L"omus")
fixme:msi:ControlEvent_HandleControlEvent unhandled control event L"Reinstall" arg(L"ALL")
err:ole:TMStubImpl_Invoke invoke call failed with exception 0xc0000005 (-1073741819)
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"SetODBCFolders"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveExistingProducts"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"DisableRollback"
fixme:msi:ACTION_CustomAction msidbCustomActionTypeNoImpersonate not handled
fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x21fac0): stub
err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment, should have been 0x3700000038
fixme:rpc:RpcRevertToSelfEx (0x21fac0): stub
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnpublishComponents"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MsiUnpublishAssemblies -> 1 ignored L"MsiAssembly" table values
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnpublishFeatures"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterTypeLibraries"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveODBC"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub UnregisterFonts -> 1 ignored L"Font" table values
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveRegistryValues"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterClassInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterExtensionInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterProgIdInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterMIMEInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveShortcuts"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveDuplicateFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveFolders"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MsiPublishAssemblies -> 1 ignored L"MsiAssembly" table values
fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x661d50): stub
err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment, should have been 0x3700000038
fixme:rpc:RpcRevertToSelfEx (0x661d50): stub
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: prev arena 0xea9b00 is not prev for in-use 0xea9bb0

spooky2
26th May 2007, 03:51 AM
Sorry your having problems. I am one of the few it seems that everything works great the first time in fedora. I'm a long way from being an expert but one thing I saw in my notes(yes,I keep notes on my problems and solutions for future reference)is that I had to uninstall ALL Wine and reinstall then add the apps to run under wine. This fixed a particular problem I had with a game. It also gave me a new trial period on M$ apps. I do not know why it worked it just did. I hope you get it working.

ajamison
26th May 2007, 05:30 AM
I had installed dreamweaver and was unable to start it up so i uninstalled it and did a new installation. Now the problem is that it does not perform a full installation. The install sheild wizard does however start up. it asks for files to be overwritten and a few steps later it asks if i want to repair or remove the program and it is now doing this each time no matter what option i am selecting.
How do i completely remove it to perform a fresh installation? Below is what i am getting.

Password:
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad ~]# updatedb
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad ~]# locate Dreamweaver8.exe
/home/abhishek77/Desktop/abhishek_folder/Apps/programs/Dreamweaver8.exe
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad ~]# cd /home/abhishek77/Desktop/abhishek_folder/Apps/programs/
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-40-e0-ad programs]# wine Dreamweaver8.exe
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x161000 0x34e794) stub!
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"root" 0x166620 0x34e2a4 0x16a210 0x34e2a0 0x34e2ac - stub
fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x641f98): stub
err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment, should have been 0x2000000021
fixme:rpc:RpcRevertToSelfEx (0x641f98): stub
err:msi:deformat_environment Unknown environment variable L"ALLUSERSPROFILE"
fixme:msi:ControlEvent_HandleControlEvent unhandled control event L"ReinstallMode" arg(L"omus")
fixme:msi:ControlEvent_HandleControlEvent unhandled control event L"Reinstall" arg(L"ALL")
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"SetODBCFolders"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveExistingProducts"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"DisableRollback"
fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x21fac0): stub
fixme:rpc:RpcRevertToSelfEx (0x21fac0): stub
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnpublishComponents"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MsiUnpublishAssemblies -> 1 ignored L"MsiAssembly" table values
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnpublishFeatures"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterTypeLibraries"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveODBC"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub UnregisterFonts -> 1 ignored L"Font" table values
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveRegistryValues"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterClassInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterExtensionInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterProgIdInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterMIMEInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveShortcuts"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveDuplicateFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveFolders"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MsiPublishAssemblies -> 1 ignored L"MsiAssembly" table values
fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x661d50): stub
fixme:rpc:RpcRevertToSelfEx (0x661d50): stub
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: prev arena 0xea9b00 is not prev for in-use 0xea9bb0

I had similar issues with some windows programs and I have to go into the registry and manualy delete all entrys pointing to the specific program it appears that the uninstallers included with the windows programs do not remove all Wine registry entries.

abhishek77
26th May 2007, 10:43 AM
I had done just that yesterday, removed wine and then dreamweaver and reinstalled both applications. At this stage, i have got the dreamweaver 8 working now as it open up. This i do by going to .wine directory which is a hidden directory and clicking on Dreamweaver.exe file. It opens up with wine emulator.
/home/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Macromedia/Dreamweaver 8/Dreamweaver 8

Now if i try to open the file using console window to change directory to installation path (cd), i get the message that the above directory does not exist. Also previously before i had removed wine, I had performed a locate file search.
eg.locate dreamweaver
This bought up a list of directories but when i tried to access that path physically or through console, those directories never existed. Anyone knows why?

Initially I was installing the application as root but each time when you try to reinstall the application, it asks for repair or removal of program and program never installs completely or at all. But on going to new linux console window in terminal, each time it performs new installation. Here it does not ask if user wants to remove or repair application.

Also when I reinstalled dreamweaver, it asks each time to enter path for installation. The path given was c/program files but on same installation box, it was lablled as being installed to folder c/Program Files/Macromedia/Dreamweaver 8/ so i created same path in text area and continued with installation. Just on previous installations, there was no macromedia directory under program files. Hope you get my point. Anyone knows why this happens? Just curious to know.

ajamison
26th May 2007, 06:42 PM
if you uninstall wine and want to get rid of all traces of it then delete the .wine folder from every users home directory.

It is a hiden file so you have to turn the option to see hiden files on