PDA

View Full Version : Permission in Fedora

brunoadm
24th May 2007, 05:00 PM
Hi, i have a share public in my samba, i want to block the users to delete any file, they can modify, create, move, but can't delete. Someone can help me with this ? If in samba it's not possible, how can i do this in filesystem ? I am using reiserfs and other machine ext3. Iam using Fecora Core 6

Draciron
24th May 2007, 05:58 PM
Write permissions also enable users to delete files. What you might do instead is rsynch the dir in a cron script or use version control and make users check the files out. Either of these will allow you to easily replace a deleted file or back out changes to files.

Hi, i have a share public in my samba, i want to block the users to delete any file, they can modify, create, move, but can't delete. Someone can help me with this ? If in samba it's not possible, how can i do this in filesystem ? I am using reiserfs and other machine ext3. Iam using Fecora Core 6

offcenter77
24th May 2007, 06:07 PM
Or you can set up an alias in their profile for the "rm" command to point to nothing, and revoke all permissions from the "alias" command itself so they can't change it back.

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized that you are talking about a samba mount on a Windows box. Sorry.