PDA

View Full Version : Amule X86_64

abiscula
19th May 2007, 04:47 AM
Hi all!
First of all I have to say that Fedora is my first linux distro and I am loving it. Decided to move from Windows to linux since microsoft started bit****** with windows update and to learn the linux world a lil bit more.

But one thing bothers me:
I have searched in all places you can imagine on the web for this weird error.

I installed aMule in my Fedora Core 6 X86_64 version with latest patches/updates from Livna repository. When I click on search, perform a search and click on close tab my amule crashes and closes itself. Knowing this I do not close search windows.
I like to leave the computer downloading stuff 24/7, however, when I start amule, it only lasts 3 or 4 hours opened and closes itself misteriously. I mean, I can live with search windows opened but NOT WITH AMULE CRASHING misteriously.

Could anyone please tell me what did I do wrong or how to fix this problem?? I don't know what to do anymore with this error... :( :( :( :( :(

I have reinstalled wxGTK thousand times, reinstalled/reconfigured amule tons of times as well.

gesho
19th May 2007, 05:24 AM
the search crash happens on my 32bit too, you always have to leave at least one search window open. as for eventual crashing, I have not observed that.

amule is known for bugs. for instance its kad follows misteriouse firewall/green cycles, although all ports are open and forwarded and whole thing is well tuned

drhilbert
19th May 2007, 08:49 AM
this is not a bug of aMule as you can read here: http://www.amule.org/abugs/view.php?id=1077

along with how to fix it!

enjoy

abiscula
24th May 2007, 01:46 PM