PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core 2 test 1 problems (sound, up2date)

iontyre
27th April 2004, 03:25 PM
Fedora Core 2 test 2 install disks will not boot on my drive, so I am stuck installing test 1 for now. It looks beautiful, and I want to use it, but there are a couple of problems.

Soundblaster Live 5.1 card is not working right. I have a 5.1 speaker setup. I am getting static and distorted sound in the center channel speaker, and nothing from the other speakers. Sounds sort of like when I enable digital output only in Windows 98.

up2date wants to install about 700 updates, but a bunch of them are generating dependency problems with XFree86 4.3.0.45. Can't locate the libs. rpm -q reports this version of XFree86 is already installed, so I'm stuck.

Oh, and tried upgrading to kernel 2.6.5 from 2.6.1, but it won't start the X server. Problem with the mouse, a generic Hewlett Packard PS/2 wheel mouse. Works fine in 2.6.1.

mars_hall
27th April 2004, 04:26 PM
If you want to install Core 2 Test 2, First insert disk 1 of core 1 test 1, and as soon as the computer finishes booting up switch to disk 1 of core 2 test 2 (before hitting enter or anything else) then you sould be able to install normally. Keep in mind that Core 2 Test 3 was released this morning around 10:00 am. You may want to try downloading the newest ISOs and set your computer up with the latest build. You can use bit torrent from here: http://torrent.linux.duke.edu/
they have instructions on use of bit torrent.