PDA

View Full Version : X motif libraries

bharat211
10th May 2007, 07:25 PM
Hello, does anyone know of the package that includes the Xm (X motif libraries) libraries and development files for fc6? I've tried yum search "xm" but to no avail. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
bharat211

Seve
10th May 2007, 07:37 PM
Hello:
There is no openmotif for FC6, it was dropped due to licensing concerns in FC5 FC5 Release Notes (http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/fc5/release-notes-ISO/#sn-PackageChanges)
There is a rpm package that I made a while ago, which you can grab from here if you wish : openmotif_fc6 (http://media3.filewind.com/g.php?filepath=3809)
Just extract and follow the readme instructions.

Seve

bharat211
10th May 2007, 07:46 PM
thanks Seve. It worked. A quick question, why do you have to make a symbolic link from libXm.so.4 to libXm.so.3 ? Just curious. Thanks again. :)

Seve
10th May 2007, 07:51 PM
thanks Seve. It worked. A quick question, why do you have to make a symbolic link from libXm.so.4 to libXm.so.3 ? Just curious. Thanks again. :)
Hello:
A good question ..... taxing my oft failing memory now :)

I believe it stemmed from an application [sorry I cannot recall the details] that required the openmotif libraries and was looking for the so.3, which it could not find as it did not exist.
It may not be necessary in your case, however, it will not hurt anything either.

Seve

bharat211
10th May 2007, 07:57 PM
Hello:
A good question ..... taxing my oft failing memory now :)

I believe it stemmed from an application [sorry I cannot recall the details] that required the openmotif libraries and was looking for the so.3, which it could not find as it did not exist.
It may not be necessary in your case, however, it will not hurt anything either.

Seve

oh well, as long as it works (which it does), I'm happy. Thanks again. :)

brunson
10th May 2007, 09:58 PM
Hello:

ICA Client? I had to for that.

Seve
10th May 2007, 10:01 PM
ICA Client? I had to for that.
Hello brunson:

Thank you ....... you win a 6 Pack .... of course Wayne will deliver it . :D

Thanks again, I appreciate it, as it was bothering me and I could not remember .... :eek:

Seve