PDA

View Full Version : installled wine but when i click on add application i cant see any

markpitchford
10th May 2007, 12:57 PM
hi,

the obvious reason is i cant see the windows install where all the programs i want to run are.

but i'm not sure if thats the way wine is supposed to work, installed ok no errors and all icons/folders etc are available and wine opens up ok.

thanks........

Janl
10th May 2007, 09:42 PM
Let me see if I understand what you're asking. You've installed WINE, and you're trying to access programs which are installed under an actual Windows installation?

If so, it doesn't work that way. You'll need to try and install the applications under Linux (utilizing WINE, of course).

markpitchford
10th May 2007, 09:47 PM
ahh okay,possibly my misunderstanding.

ill explain what im trying to do and hopefully some one can tell me if its possible and what i need.

i have some apps that will not work under linux so i need to load windows xp or similar to run it.

is it a case that if i get the cd/setup.exe i can load that via wine or is it more complicated than that ?

cheers...........

Janl
10th May 2007, 10:23 PM
Provided that the applications will run under WINE (not all Windows applications will..) then yes, you can just install the software from the media source.

markpitchford
11th May 2007, 10:00 AM
thanks, i'll give that a go.