PDA

View Full Version : Weird complaint

chrishoeppner
9th May 2007, 07:52 PM
Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm getting this complaint during boot-time and everytime I run yum. Seems like there's been some mess-up with some installation or upgrade, but it doesn't mean anything more to me.

/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple different specifications for /usr/lib/vlc/codec/libdmo_plugin.so (system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t:s0 and system_u:object_r:shlib_t:s0).
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple different specifications for /usr/lib/vlc/codec/librealaudio_plugin.so (system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t:s0 and system_u:object_r:shlib_t:s0).

Anyone?

RahulSundaram
9th May 2007, 08:30 PM
Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm getting this complaint during boot-time and everytime I run yum. Seems like there's been some mess-up with some installation or upgrade, but it doesn't mean anything more to me.

/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple different specifications for /usr/lib/vlc/codec/libdmo_plugin.so (system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t:s0 and system_u:object_r:shlib_t:s0).
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple different specifications for /usr/lib/vlc/codec/librealaudio_plugin.so (system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t:s0 and system_u:object_r:shlib_t:s0).

Anyone?

SELinux policy issue. Someone has mistakenly copied the policy spec details twice. This is rather harmless usually. Check and file a bug report in http://bugzilla.redhat.com if you already have the latest updates.

chrishoeppner
10th May 2007, 10:05 AM
I have never filed a bug before. What do I need to send them?

RahulSundaram
10th May 2007, 10:12 AM
I have never filed a bug before. What do I need to send them?

I already answered that. http://bugzilla.redhat.com.Select Fedora Core and component as selinux targeted policy.

tw2113
10th May 2007, 05:53 PM
I have that too and was thinking it was something that could be preventing me from viewing avi files, but apparently not. I'll tackle the avi part later when i have internet around my linux box.

BobBlum
12th May 2007, 12:30 AM
I'm getting the very same message at boot time. Something is definitely wrong. Also, the system sounds now have a distorted base sound to them. I started noticing that about the same time I started receiving the boot messages. I suspect that there might be some connection.

chrishoeppner
12th May 2007, 12:20 PM
What's the deal about SeLinux anyways?

RahulSundaram
12th May 2007, 01:30 PM
What's the deal about SeLinux anyways?

That is a very vague questions. If you want to know about SELinux there are many articles on this topic.

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/04/whats-new-in-selinux-for-red-hat-enterprise-linux-5/

BobBlum
12th May 2007, 02:21 PM
In what file are these boot messages being recorded? I'm getting the messages on the screen during the boot up, but I can't find a record of them that would allow me to print them out and analyze them. I've tried dmesg, but they are not captured there.

RahulSundaram
12th May 2007, 02:25 PM
In what file are these boot messages being recorded? I'm getting the messages on the screen during the boot up, but I can't find a record of them that would allow me to print them out and analyze them. I've tried dmesg, but they are not captured there.

In /var/log/messages or under /var/log/audit if audit deamon is turned on.

BobBlum
12th May 2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks Rahul. However a search of /var/log/messages shows no record of the "Multiple different specifications" message that flashes on the screen at boot time. It would seem that it should be recorded there, but it is not.

RahulSundaram
12th May 2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks Rahul. However a search of /var/log/messages shows no record of the "Multiple different specifications" message that flashes on the screen at boot time. It would seem that it should be recorded there, but it is not.

It is merely a mostly cosmetic bug. Just file a bug report in http://bugzilla.redhat.com as I said.

BobBlum
12th May 2007, 03:10 PM
I just submitted a bug report. It is bug no. 239923