PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 7 Test 4 review

partha
6th May 2007, 06:49 PM
Hi All,

I have just posted a review of fedora 7 Test 4 on my website. You can find the review (in 2 parts) at
www.partha.com

Comments here or there welcome. :)

Partha
www.partha.com

vinu
6th May 2007, 07:27 PM
Interesting reading material, I must say.

igknighted
15th May 2007, 04:32 AM
You know there is a livna repo (livna-development) that has been up for F7 for some time now. They only update the graphics drivers every 4th kernel or so I think (nothing since the stock 2.6.20 kernel yet I think), but DVD's, Xine, mp3's etc. can all be found there.

partha
16th May 2007, 12:09 AM
You know there is a livna repo (livna-development) that has been up for F7 for some time now. They only update the graphics drivers every 4th kernel or so I think (nothing since the stock 2.6.20 kernel yet I think), but DVD's, Xine, mp3's etc. can all be found there.
Thanks for your comments. I am not sure what you mean about the graphics drivers. You cannot get 3d support with the radeon driver and the ATI driver fglrx is broken with the current change in xorg X server numbering scheme.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again,

Partha
www.partha.com

martin.sourada
16th May 2007, 12:44 PM
Hi All,

I have just posted a review of fedora 7 Test 4 on my website. You can find the review (in 2 parts) at
www.partha.com

Comments here or there welcome. :)

Partha
www.partha.com

Hi Partha,

Nice review :) About a week ago I also made one in my blog (in Czech) and was asked to make an official review of Fedora 7 final for the site, and as I am making the screenshots I ran into a problem of displaying grub correctly in qemu, so I'd like to ask you, whether you don't mind if I use some of your screenshots (if I do not solve the grub issue till final).

Thanks,
Martin

partha
17th May 2007, 12:33 PM
Hi Partha,

Nice review :) About a week ago I also made one in my blog (in Czech) and was asked to make an official review of Fedora 7 final for the site, and as I am making the screenshots I ran into a problem of displaying grub correctly in qemu, so I'd like to ask you, whether you don't mind if I use some of your screenshots (if I do not solve the grub issue till final).

Thanks,
Martin
Hi Martin,

Thanks.

Please feel free to use the screenshots. I hope you will acknowledge th source.

Partha
www.partha.com

martin.sourada
17th May 2007, 03:40 PM
Hi Martin,

Thanks.

Please feel free to use the screenshots. I hope you will acknowledge th source.

Partha
www.partha.com

Thanks.

Of course, if I use them I'll tell all the people where I got them. :)

angryfirelord
25th May 2007, 03:23 PM
Nice review, can't wait to get the final version!

snoze
27th May 2007, 03:21 PM
hey partha, is TVout is working in 7 or not?

partha
27th May 2007, 08:42 PM
hey partha, is TVout is working in 7 or not?
Well, I have not tested that feature.

However, I am not holding my breath since we are using the open source radeon driver here. We will have to wait for the ATI driver that is supposed to come out after the release of F7.

Partha
www.partha.com

darkhatter
31st May 2007, 10:34 PM
:D xserver-xorg 1.3!!!!! 3 hours left I can't wait

Jeff Sadowski
2nd June 2007, 07:29 AM
Finally a release I don't have to pull my hair out to get working with my newer hardware.
It comes with kernel-devel on the DVD :-) and all tools I need to build my drivers.
I used it to build my madwifi drivers (I use a belkin N1 only supported with a svn version of madwifi) now I can use yum to install the rest.
I give fedora 7 two thumbs up. :-)