PDA

View Full Version : shutdown temprature reach 120C

rvs1st
16th April 2007, 04:50 AM
im having errors onmy laptop its a presario v2000. i installed fc 6. kernel is 2.6.19.xx . anyways. sometimes when i shut it down using the button not shutding it down correctly.when i boot up or start my gnome session. it just shutdown and displays an error message at the bottom screen saying ....temprature reach 120 something celcius then devices shutdown coming from syslogd@localhost.

can anyone help me im completely clueless....i read that acpi should be turn off or something i turned the service off or remove its rpm as well. it did not fixed the problem pls help thanks

Dan
16th April 2007, 10:12 AM
Morning rvs1st

Oddly enough, I just saw this error myself a few days ago after an attempt to boot from the new F7 liveCD. It was on my HP ze4427 laptop. After the F7 boot-up tanked at finding the root filesystem, I ejected the CD, and shut down the laptop. Then I rebooted into the same kernel of FC6 I've been using with no problems for a month or so.

Presto! "Critical temperature has been reached. Shutting down," right after the kernel loaded! I kept getting this error after 5-6 boot attempts, even after blowing all the cooling fans and grills clean.

Luckily, I had never dumped the old i586 kernel Anaconda stuck me with when I loaded FC6. The temperature sensors and CPU scaling, therefore fan controls were borked in that kernel, so I tired it, and it booted without issue. And since then, the newer i686 FC6 kernel will also boot again normally too.

The scaling feature works as it should, and the fan speed varies like it should now too. So I have no explanation, only this information to offer in hopes someone else knows what the problem might be. However, I for dang sure am keeping that old snake-egg i586 kernel around now!

Dan

rvs1st
8th February 2008, 05:45 AM
Dan,

I remember this error pretty much. I just dont wanna let go of it before because I made the wireless card run. whew! Things are pretty stable now. Sorry for the late reply. Appreciate it! :)

rvs1st

Dan
8th February 2008, 05:48 AM
Anytime! <..:)..>

Dan