PDA

View Full Version : Ripit4me in Wine

ryptyde
15th April 2007, 08:30 PM
Just a heads up if anyone is using this little utility in Linux or Windows, you may want to disable the option for "searching for a new version" in your preferences as the site has been compromised and being monitored by "Big Brother" or so I've been informed. :mad:

pobbz
16th April 2007, 08:43 AM
That doesn't make any sense what so ever. What use would it be to monitor updates for a particular program when the program can be downloaded from multitude of other sites and also from p2p?

ryptyde
16th April 2007, 11:37 AM
That doesn't make any sense what so ever. What use would it be to monitor updates for a particular program when the program can be downloaded from multitude of other sites and also from p2p?

Yes I know but a lot of things that appear not to "make any sense" and defy logical reasoning happen daily. Check "your multitude of sites" and you may find that there
are fewer of them than you thought.

pobbz
16th April 2007, 01:48 PM
Yes I know but a lot of things that appear not to "make any sense" and defy logical reasoning happen daily.

Yes, you're right in that, especially when the "Big Brother" is involved.

Check "your multitude of sites" and you may find that there
are fewer of them than you thought.

Well, all I know that I typed 'ripit4me' to google and after two mouse clicks I was downloading the software...

And you didn't count FTP sites, now did you? ;)