PDA

View Full Version : Fedora or Hardware?

kelxso
12th April 2007, 11:24 PM
ive been trying the fc7 test 3 worked great for awhile, then all went wrong so i reinstalled it only from that point on it would install like normal, but the first time boot would not start so i could not create a user name or any of that good stuff. so i figured oh well ill just make a user as root no problem i guess. but for some reason at any given time my computer will just .... shut off and restart. but will only do this on fc7 test. fc6 is fine and windows (aside being a pos)is fine aswell
but now that i think of it in the past few months odd things like the dvd+-rw drive opens erm half-ass and i have to help it the rest. and since i got a new video card about every 10th boot the monitor will not notice the computers turned on , and the comptuer must hang somewhere because there are no startup noises and ctrl+alt+del will not restart it. but all small defects mostly, livable things.

but my question is would any of you think the fc7 problems would be related to a hardware problem or just a bug in the test software?

ryptyde
12th April 2007, 11:52 PM
Those small defects put together are a sign things aren't right with or without Fedora.Back up any data that you think is important just in case. On another note F7 is in testing and there could some glitches although I've been running it since T2 and updating to T3 and haven't experienced anything peculiar such as you are having.

Check all of your mobo connections, possible power supply output voltage error,has happened to me on a Windows box and I replaced the ps with one of a higher wattage rating to handle my video card and extra internal hdd's and cooling fans.

kelxso
13th April 2007, 01:25 AM
i have just checked and noticed that im running off a 300w ps im sure this is a good factor if it is hardware problems

JN4OldSchool
13th April 2007, 01:35 AM
I second that. My dad had many of the same problems. Just not enough juice with that ne GPU. That or it is flucuating and causing these problems. I think if I were to start replacing things I would start there.

kelxso
13th April 2007, 01:43 AM
thanks guys i just needed more than my opinion to make a decision worth about $70. i have a 500w on the way.

spot221
13th April 2007, 01:58 AM
I found this power supply calculator when I was getting ready to build my latest creation.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

kelxso
13th April 2007, 02:10 AM
it suggests a 297watt

spot221
13th April 2007, 02:27 AM
It made my life much easier when I did my last build. I hope it helped.