PDA

View Full Version : Display Problem With FC4

alchemist0
12th April 2007, 08:03 PM
I'm new to linux and I installed FC4 from a cd I had. It worked for a few months until I got a new 19" widescreen monitor. I change the screen resolution, and then the monitor went blank, with an error message "No Input signal". Now every time I try to start FC4 it starts to load then I get the No input signal error. My question is, is there a way I can fix this or do I have to reinstall FC4. Or is there another distribution I should try?

Brian1
12th April 2007, 11:14 PM
The configuration for X server is in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Couple things to do. Once booted to blank screen hit ctrl-alt-F1 to enter console #1. If that does not work then on boot hit the e key on the kernel line. Move to the kernel line and hit e again. At the end enter ' 3 '. This should stop at runlevel 3 which is networking/multiuser mode without X server. Then goto the xorg.conf file and edit it. Problably one can use nano but depends if installed. ' nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf ' If no nano then vi will work but is a bear to work with as a beginner. If you are uncomfortable with console then boot up with the Fedora Live CD. Whatever you can do posting the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf should get help from here. If you remember the old res let us know. Now info on the video card and module you are using may determine whether widescreen resolutions are supportted. Not all module do.

Brian