PDA

View Full Version : Commands and files in Gnome

tauro_kpo
12th April 2007, 03:44 AM
My question is, in my FC6

Where can I change which commands to use for any file in Gnome?

I know I can do it in properties, but... I was wondering that if it was a file, where all was recorded, a .conf file.

Because I've been having problems with some files, I don't know why :confused:

Thank you!

contraculto
12th April 2007, 04:27 AM
when you right click a file it sais "open with other aplication..." you can set applications there and at the bottom it sais "enter a custom command". you only need to that once per filetype and you're ready to go.

tauro_kpo
12th April 2007, 04:36 AM
But that's not enough. I mean, there's something not correct in my files configuration.

Something that opens my .exe files with gedit, instead of wine (I once tried it, and I think something got corrupted)
So no, if I do the process, for re-setting wine as the default for .exe files, it makes no difference, because it stills opening the .exes with gedit.

If I select Wine Windows Emulator or I type the command wine, it stills opening my exe files with gedit, but if I add another way of opening them (for example emacs) it opens them as default with emacs, the only thing I can't do, is opening them as default with wine, which is, the reasonable, and somehow I screwed it up.

I know it's weird so I was wondering if there was a file where it was detailed and it was editable. Does this file exist? or does it not?

AlexDudko
12th April 2007, 06:09 AM
Try this: right click the file -> choose Properties -> choose Open with -> mark the prefered application or add one and mark it.