PDA

View Full Version : Linksys WUSB11 v2.8 - Fedora

ghaefb
26th April 2004, 10:36 AM
My friend has this wireless usb adapter. And I would like to know if Fedora Core 2 test2 supports this device?
I heard I need a driver at76c503a ?!

Is anyone successfully using this device?
How to configure it?

Thanks

ewanrg
29th April 2004, 08:59 PM
Well, I'm planning to try that driver myself tonight. I had it working under Lindows, but their latest release since they changed the name to LinSpire now uses a slightly different USB setup, and the driver doesn't work.

So am trying to setup Fedora Core (most recent release) and will let you know if it works :-)

ghaefb
30th April 2004, 02:53 PM
Nop. It's not working by default.
I hate this "designed for f*cking microwhatever windows" hardware. I'm going to buy another wireless usb adapter.
peace

ewanrg
30th April 2004, 03:30 PM
Turns out that I can't compile the driver I had downloaded, so guess I'm going to have to do some more research. I'm guessing the problem is that the driver appears to have been written more for the 2.4 kernel and is expecting some headers that may not be part of 2.6, or for some other reason there's a localization missing.

Package comes with a rather nice makefile, but no configuration file, which doesn't help.

Let me know if you find anything...

cyberchuck
10th May 2004, 08:28 AM
In another part of this board I found the
following URL / reference:

http://www.niemueller.de/

He's got binary and source RPMS for Fedora Core 1.

He also referenced a URL at
http://at76c503a.berlios.de/

Which describes (briefly) the "iwconfig" commands to use.

The binary RPM didn't work for me .. asked for a dependency of kernel 2.4.

I'll try grabbing the SRPM and see if it'll compile under FC2 / test3.

Anyone else out there trying this on this specific release (FC2/test3?)

Charlie

ewanrg
10th May 2004, 12:37 PM
Turns out that if you are running on a 2.6 kernel, you have to get the source code from the CVS snapshot at Berlios - not the released package.

Problem is that the snapshot requires that you either access their CVS repository (problematic if the Linksys is your only Internet connection), or DL their CVS tarball and then configure a directory locally to do a CVS checkout from.

At this point I'm thinking it's time to look at other options :)

ghaefb
10th May 2004, 01:15 PM
At this point I'm thinking it's time to look at other options

yes, my thoughts exactly :p

cyberchuck
10th May 2004, 03:15 PM
What about the Sourceforge project (Atmel drivers)?

The Berlioz site references the Sourceforge project but says that the SF driver is out-of-date. However, the Berlioz RPMs are a little behind too (FC1 on kernel 2.4) ..

I may take a stab at compiling the SF drivers. Will post here with my results sometime this week.

cyberchuck
12th May 2004, 06:25 AM
Whups. Sourceforge.net has some domain name problems tonite (weird).

Anyway, the ATMEL drivers there are dated from 2001 ... thereby way too far out of date.

Am trying to get the CVS archives from berlios.de ... currently stuck on this
URL.

http://at76c503a.berlios.de/cvs.html

Did anyone else already download the CVS archive? Or know how to get to it? (i.e., what the CVSROOT setting should be?)

Thanks,
Charlie