PDA

View Full Version : !! Beware !!

DarTH
3rd April 2007, 11:18 PM
I was using fedora for 2 years, 4 was good, i never updated and it was nice

5 was also good and stable, although there were no codecs,flas player, and other things and installing them was a nightmare, it saved my life

but 6 ... its a disaster, its the copy of 5 and its very unstable, i suffered lot from it
yesterday i made an update and now its not working
its always freezing and acting strange, i decided to backup and reinstall but i found out that nor k3b neither gnome baker is working, they are always giving strange erorrs

so i will back my files up with slax live usb and install 64-bit ubuntu and never look back
fedora was going on a good line but 6 destroyed me

i hope one day there will be a good fedora distrubution again and i can use it, bye
viva la ubuntu, i hope

leigh123linux
3rd April 2007, 11:30 PM

5 was also good and stable, although there were no codecs,flas player, and other things and installing them was a nightmare, it saved my life

but 6 ... its a disaster, its the copy of 5 and its very unstable, i suffered lot from it
its always freezing and acting strange, i decided to backup and reinstall but i found out that nor k3b neither gnome baker is working, they are always giving strange erorrs

so i will back my files up with slax live usb and install 64-bit ubuntu and never look back

i hope one day there will be a good fedora distrubution again and i can use it, bye
viva la ubuntu, i hope

If you like ubuntu but want something more cutting egde try Debian Etch :cool:

p.s FC6 wasn't that stable for me either till I changed my Ati card for a Nvidia :)

DarTH
3rd April 2007, 11:32 PM
Once i tried debian but couldnt pass through its installation, everything was manual and impossible so, never debian again, i always hated debian

bob
3rd April 2007, 11:33 PM
Bye now. Use what you like and what works for you. Hopefully it's the OS and not your hardware at fault, which does sound like a definite possibility.

BTW, you have a very interesting and rambling style, which is somewhat difficult to understand. I'd ask you to explain, but I'm sure you're anxious to get over to the Ubuntu Forums. Have fun.

leigh123linux
3rd April 2007, 11:36 PM
Once i tried debian but couldnt pass through its installation, everything was manual and impossible so, never debian again, i always hated debian

Debian has a pretty pink :rolleyes: installer GUI now and has guided partitioning and is a breeze now :cool:

pete_1967
3rd April 2007, 11:56 PM
What are we supposed to be aware of? You?

DarTH
3rd April 2007, 11:56 PM
im afraid to try :D
by the way, slax k3b works like a charm, but fedoras dont
fedora is really mulfunctional, doesnt that bother you?

i use linux only for c programming, but i have no other os (windows), because they interrupt me
i encounter problems on fedora every day, it has no media support, no hardware support
the only thing good about this is you learn things (solving problems) every day and become an expert on linux step by step

to sum up i dont think fedora is for normal people, its for people who like solving problems and build their own os theirselfs

jtang613
4th April 2007, 12:01 AM

viva la ubuntu, i hope
Wow, I've used several different distros over the last 8 years but usually use a RedHat / Fedora based distro as my default. I've used everything since RH7.1 up to Fedora 6 and rarely encounter any issues. But after reading your incoherent warning, I will switch over to Ubuntu right away before my computer catches on fire! Thanks for the heads-up.

Heh, just kidding. This is mostly likely a user error. But if it makes him feel better to blame everyone else... blame-on.

m2c,
JT

DarTH
4th April 2007, 12:08 AM
Im just saying that good days are over, in no time you will be alone, a bunch of people trying to keep fedora alive but you cant survive long, an os should be for everyone but, fedora 6 is like a hell for an unlinux user

i still cant find the difference between fedora 5 and 6, why is the need to disturb the same distro with a different name although there are bugs

im like, why mr anderson, why?

pete_1967
4th April 2007, 12:11 AM
Well, we can take comfort that there's well over million other FC users all alone and trying to keep Fedora alive. Oh dear, what are we going to do now that numbers just keep going up: http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/30/208203

lazlow
4th April 2007, 12:14 AM
Darth

Apparently my 70 years old neighbor lady must be a real problem solver. I did her install and helped her for a couple of months, since then she has been on her own. She even installed a webcam by herself (I have not ever done one).

Lazlow

DarTH
4th April 2007, 12:15 AM
considering that ips are dynamic in lots of countries and fedora 6 requieres lots of reboot, reinstall and other stuff thats normal

DarTH
4th April 2007, 12:16 AM
Darth

Apparently my 70 years old neighbor lady must be a real problem solver. I did her install and helped her for a couple of months, since then she has been on her own. She even installed a webcam by herself (I have not ever done one).

Lazlow
i dont believe it :D, really i dont ...

leigh123linux
4th April 2007, 12:20 AM
considering that ips are dynamic in lots of countries and fedora 6 requieres lots of reboot, reinstall and other stuff thats normal

You talk a load of ***** , what the fu*k do dynamic IPs have to do with fedora ? :rolleyes:

pete_1967
4th April 2007, 12:20 AM

But of course! How didn't I and developers think of that. Since I got pretty much static IP# it must be the other FC user who has dynamic IP# and drove those numbers up!

bob
4th April 2007, 12:22 AM
Ummm... I'm about to turn 62.... And, BTW, I just installed SAM linux for a gal in her 70's. No problems so far.

Listen, I read through some of your prior problems and I think that trying a different distro that might work with your hardware would be a good idea. Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS, Mepis, Mint, Mandriva2007, OpenSuSE are all good options that handle things well. Even though you don't like Debian, most of the easy to use distros are based on Debian.

DarTH
4th April 2007, 12:29 AM
i can assure that those numbers cant be matched in fedora 7 you will see, when you see remember me :P
fedora 5 was good, its fedora 6 that messed things up, and i think lots of people will change sides after 6

pete_1967
4th April 2007, 12:33 AM
Damn, you really reckon that the other FC user will drop it in favour of some other distro when FC 7 is released? Well, I ain't givin' up that easy and will try to keep Fedora alive all alone then.

Wayne
4th April 2007, 12:33 AM
i can assure that those numbers cant be matched in fedora 7 you will see, when you see remember me :P
fedora 5 was good, its fedora 6 that messed things up, and i think lots of people will change sides after 6

Normally, in cases like this where the user is too stupid to install Fedora and get it working I suggest that they install a Windows OS. It requires very little knowledge to use and is usually more suitable for that type of person. In your case, though, I fear that even Windows is not the answer. I recommend you take your PC back to the store where you bought it and get a refund, then go to a toy store and pick up a speak-and-spell. It is perfect for your mental age of 5.

Wayne

Dies
4th April 2007, 12:38 AM
Normally, in cases like this where the user is too stupid to install Fedora and get it working I suggest that they install a Windows OS. It requires very little knowledge to use and is usually more suitable for that type of person. In your case, though, I fear that even Windows is not the answer. I recommend you take your PC back to the store where you bought it and get a refund, then go to a toy store and pick up a speak-and-spell. It is perfect for your mental age of 5.

Wayne

Ouch..

I probably would have worded it a little different but yeah. :D

I'm just wondering why he's still here. :confused:

Wayne
4th April 2007, 12:38 AM
Damn, you really reckon that the other FC user will drop it in favour of some other distro when FC 7 is released? Well, I ain't givin' up that easy and will try to keep Fedora alive all alone then.

He's not only a complete moron he's now in the fortune telling business. Funny how FC6 works perfectly for me and I'm sure, many others around here but this little twerp can't get it going. It probably requires a few more active brain-cells than he has.

Wayne

pete_1967
4th April 2007, 12:42 AM
He's not only a complete moron he's now in the fortune telling business. Funny how FC6 works perfectly for me and I'm sure, many others around here but this little twerp can't get it going. It probably requires a few more active brain-cells than he has.

Wayne

Haven't checked, but I got feeling that it's just full-moon again.

DarTH
4th April 2007, 12:43 AM
heheheheh, whatever
i accept that most of my old posts are nonsense
i am just saying that fedora 6 is a mess and its very hard to use, i hope that fc7 will be better
i use linux only for gcc, and use internet,amarok and kopete so fedora is not worth the effort
hope fc7 will go easier on noobs

Wayne
4th April 2007, 12:44 AM
Ouch..

I probably would have worded it a little different but yeah. :D

I'm just wondering why he's still here. :confused:

I believe the term is called "Calling a spade a spade" :D

Funny how they have to post a dozen times about their discontent with Fedora and their new-found love in Ubuntu and don't do the honourable thing and just quietly leave. As if I really care that this "person" doesn't have the mental capability to install and configure something as easy as Fedora!

Wayne

DarTH
4th April 2007, 12:47 AM

Wayne
You have a very narrow outlook
Fc6 working perfectly for you doesnt mean that it works for everyone, it have lots of bugs, i started encountring when i first installed it, but that doesnt mean that everyone had, different hardware, different settings ...

it should be tested for various probabilities and released after that

Wayne
4th April 2007, 12:47 AM
heheheheh, whatever
i accept that most of my old posts are nonsense
i am just saying that fedora 6 is a mess and its very hard to use, i hope that fc7 will be better
i use linux only for gcc, and use internet,amarok and kopete so fedora is not worth the effort
hope fc7 will go easier on noobs

This just goes to prove that you are an idiot. I have Fedora Core 6 running on two machines here and my eldest son uses one of them daily to do his school work.

Now, if you dislike Fedora so much why don't you just leave so we can go on enjoying an OS that works for us? We really don't care what OS you decide to use but we do care that you bash something that you have no clue about. The door is over there.... I suggest you use it.

Wayne

DarTH
4th April 2007, 12:48 AM
I believe the term is called "Calling a spade a spade" :D

Funny how they have to post a dozen times about their discontent with Fedora and their new-found love in Ubuntu and don't do the honourable thing and just quietly leave. As if I really care that this "person" doesn't have the mental capability to install and configure something as easy as Fedora!

Wayne
im just waiting for download to complete ...

DarTH
4th April 2007, 12:49 AM
This just goes to prove that you are an idiot. I have Fedora Core 6 running on two machines here and my eldest son uses one of them daily to do his school work.

Now, if you dislike Fedora so much why don't you just leave so we can go on enjoying an OS that works for us? We really don't care what OS you decide to use but we do care that you bash something that you have no clue about. The door is over there.... I suggest you use it.

Wayne
you look things in a very selfish perspective, im just trying to say that an os should be for all, even for idiots

Wayne
4th April 2007, 12:51 AM
You have a very narrow outlook
Fc6 working perfectly for you doesnt mean that it works for everyone, it have lots of bugs, i started encountring when i first installed it, but that doesnt mean that everyone had, different hardware, different settings ...

it should be tested for various probabilities and released after that

Fedora is no different form every piece of software out there. Nothing is perfect. But there are workarounds for many problems, you are just too stupid to do that and instead of asking for help you decide to deride something you don't understand. I suggest you go back to kindergarten, they may have some toys there that would suit you.

Wayne

bob
How many threads am I going to have to close today? Everyone please chill a bit. Name calling is not the answer. Darth, if you're looking for answers, stick around and ask questions. If you want to complain and not fix anything, then your time is better spent elsewhere.

pete_1967
im just trying to say that an os should be for all, even for idiots

Oh, but there is one: http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx

Dan
4th April 2007, 12:52 AM
Whoops!

Uh ... Hi, Bob.

Dang! There goes another one. Later, Vader! Have fun on the dark side!

<..:p..>

Wayne
4th April 2007, 12:54 AM
How many threads am I going to have to close today? Everyone please chill a bit. Name calling is not the answer. Darth, if you're looking for answers, stick around and ask questions. If you want to complain and not fix anything, then your time is better spent elsewhere.

Sorry Bob, I just can't abide fools.

Wayne

DarTH
4th April 2007, 12:56 AM
Fedora is no different form every piece of software out there. Nothing is perfect. But there are workarounds for many problems, you are just too stupid to do that and instead of asking for help you decide to deride something you don't understand. I suggest you go back to kindergarten, they may have some toys there that would suit you.

Wayne
i suggest you show some respect to other people, maybe you have become an expert on linux, but its obvious that you couldnt be a man

insulting and offending cant take you anywhere

bob
4th April 2007, 01:01 AM
Ah yes, once again nobody wants to play nicely with each other, so Thread Closed.