PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent ATI sound problems

Merciless
24th March 2007, 02:29 AM
Hello all,
I'm fairly new to Linux, so I might be missing the obvious some times. I have a a1350n, and it's almost entirely made from ATI parts. After so many hours that I'm emberessed to say i have given up on getting my ATI video card working, however I still have hope for the sound.

The problem is that my sound works sometimes, it seems to work on 1 out of 3 boots or so. If the card doesn't initialize i will get no sound, if it dose then it works perfectly till i reboot. Because it works sometimes i have hope that the problem is fixable, I just don't know how. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All the hardware works perfectly in windows, so I don't' think it's a hardware problem.

The card is:
Multimedia audio controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

Merciless
3rd April 2007, 04:54 AM
*bump* In hopes of an answer

nicodoggie
10th April 2007, 01:16 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with my sound card! My ATI 9250 video card never had problems though (I've even installed beryl on my machine) we seem to have the same sound card, mine's built-in on my ASUS motherboard... any progress?

Merciless
12th April 2007, 03:44 AM
Nope, no luck. Mine is also built into an ASUS motherboard. I reached my frustration point with it, so I moved on to my next problem. I'm sure I'll get back to the sound problem. If you find the answer though please share!