PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core 2 DST



Skillz
13th March 2007, 01:53 AM
I can't seem to get yum to work to update the DST settings on my Fedora Core 2 server. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Skillz

rjjensen
13th March 2007, 02:56 AM
I also had the same issue and found a working solution.

I checked my existing tzdata file to verify I was using the old data.

$/usr/sbin/zdump -v US/Mountain | grep 2007

It came back with the April data.

The Fedora Legacy project is now defunct, but I was able to find a mirror site in Colorado that had the update.

First import the security key as superuser.
$rpm --import http://www.fedoralegacy.org/FEDORA-LEGACY-GPG-KEY


Modify your '/etc/yum.conf' file. here is the one I used.

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
exclude=kernel*

[base]
gpgcheck=1
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Base
baseurl=http://www.blagblagblag.org/pub/mirrors/fedoralegacy/fedora/$releasever/os/$basearch

[updates]
gpgcheck=1
name=Fedora Core $releasever updates
baseurl=http://www.blagblagblag.org/pub/mirrors/fedoralegacy/fedora/$releasever/updates/$basearch

[legacy-utils]
gpgcheck=1
name=Fedora Legacy utilities for Fedora Core $releasever
baseurl=http://www.blagblagblag.org/pub/mirrors/fedoralegacy/fedora/$releasever/legacy-utils/$basearch

Then use yum to download the update.
$yum update tzdata


After the download is installed you will need to update your '/etc/locatime' file. Evidently during the installation instead of making a link to the appropriate zoneifo file it copies it.

$/usr/sbin/zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep 2007
Returned the April date even after the zoneinfo files were updated (test using the earlier command).

$ ln --symbolic --verbose --force /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Mountain /etc/localtime

So, remember you need to have superuser rights to perform the above actions and Use the appropriate timezone for you (mine was US/Mountain).

I would also recommend a reboot. Half of my servers that were running daily cron jobs sent their LogWatch emails an hour later. After the reboot the confusion cleared.