PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Livna driver and multilib.

Thetargos
10th March 2007, 05:33 AM
One of the main reasons I used for so long the "official" driver straight from nVidia was the support for multilib, i.e 32 and 64-bit OpenGL libraries. I have since a few days ago given the Livna packages a try once more, and I'm not sure they support these multilib environments for their x86_64 driver package (or if the 32-bit compat libs are included in another package). The thing is that for some 32-bit OpenGL applications these libraries are very important and must be present, otherwise they don't run. This includes the stuff like Wine and their OpenGL backend for accelerated graphics, important for some 2D applications and/or games, not to mention that for games, this is very important.

So, I went ahead and saw all the contents of the nvidia package from livna, but couldn't find the 32-bit libraries, as such I ask you fellow nvidia users on 64-bits if they provide the needed compat libraries in a separate package? I may return to the nvidia driver directly from nvidia, if 32-bit libraries are not supported.

Seve
10th March 2007, 05:37 AM
Hello Thetargos:
I can't answer the question, however, if you shoot off an pm to Firewing1 [who is the package maintainer AFAIK] I am sure he can provide you with the definitive answer.
On the other hand you could hang on for a while as he may drop by and post the response for everyone. :)

Seve

Thetargos
10th March 2007, 06:27 AM
Actually I did something I should have done in the first place (yum search) and searched for them. They indeed are distributed (as I thought) in a separate package.

saqer
12th March 2007, 05:28 PM
$yum install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs-32bit