PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core Respin How to Help

ShadowBranch
9th March 2007, 01:19 AM
I've written a program to go through my old FC6 DVD and download all the new packages. Well, thi sis running and in a few hours i should have all the latest packages. I plan to do a respin of my own design. I'd like to throw in ndiswrapper, mplayer and a couple of other programs that I install on my laptop and a few other laptops as well as my desktop. This disc will be for my personal use only, unless others feel like they'd like to download it. I appreciate help on what files on the DVD have to be updated to use the new RPMs. And how do the fedora guys do a respin anyway?

bob
9th March 2007, 03:33 AM
(moved to General Support)

RahulSundaram
9th March 2007, 05:42 AM
I've written a program to go through my old FC6 DVD and download all the new packages. Well, thi sis running and in a few hours i should have all the latest packages. I plan to do a respin of my own design. I'd like to throw in ndiswrapper, mplayer and a couple of other programs that I install on my laptop and a few other laptops as well as my desktop. This disc will be for my personal use only, unless others feel like they'd like to download it. I appreciate help on what files on the DVD have to be updated to use the new RPMs. And how do the fedora guys do a respin anyway?

See https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi and related wiki docs for the steps to do a respin.