PDA

View Full Version : Installed BitTorrent using yum. Cant find it now.

linux_newb_76
13th February 2007, 06:05 PM
I'm a Linux newbie. Installed bittorrent using yum. The install was successful but I cannot find where the installed program is. Installation didn't put any icons on a desktop or items in menus. I'm using ctorrent for now. It works ok, but I want some GUI experience :)

And another thing that bugged me today that maybe somebody will be kind enough to help me with. I wanted to load some new songs on my mp3 phone. Its 4G memory stick is full. I attach it using USB cable, Fedora mounts it, i'm able to see the files in the folders. I delete 1G worth of mp3s. Try to copy new files, get error message that stick is full. Check the properties, stick reads at 3G worth of files but only 6MB free space. I delete some more, stick size decreases, but free space does not change.

Thanks

itsthescottdog
13th February 2007, 06:14 PM
yum install bittorrent-gui

Confused me too.

Seve
13th February 2007, 06:14 PM
I'm a Linux newbie. Installed bittorrent using yum. The install was successful but I cannot find where the installed program is. Installation didn't put any icons on a desktop or items in menus. I'm using ctorrent for now. It works ok, but I want some GUI experience :)
Hello:
Use yum again and
yum install bittorent-gui
and the application will be under Applications / Internet

Edit:
Sorry, itsthescottdog, did not mean to post over you .. lag :)

Seve

itsthescottdog
13th February 2007, 06:16 PM
For your second question....

If you're in nautilus, you need to display the hidden files by "Ctrl+H". You need to delete all files in folder ".Trash-Username"
It's like the recycle bin from Windows on every drive/location.

linux_newb_76
13th February 2007, 06:17 PM
thanks guys, will try this when i'll get home. At work i'm still a Windows user :)

sideways
13th February 2007, 06:20 PM
also try ktorrent, seems reliable to me, I recently downloaded the ubuntu 6.10 dvd iso with it overnight on a pretty flaky wifi connection

yum install ktorrent

will put it in Applications->Internet