PDA

View Full Version : fedoracore 6 zod

ahmedamer_99
13th February 2007, 01:29 PM
i don't know if this topic place here or not, but i'll write itany way.
i'm a new beginner with fedora core. i have it installed on my hard disk and i have another partation hda1 which is fat partation. now i need to format this partation to be ext3 to be used with fedora core system and to enlarge my fedora size. what shall i do and how to do it without loosing my fedora system, all i need is just to make thios partation accessed with fedora without having to mount the fat partion. i hope you under stand me

JN4OldSchool
13th February 2007, 02:54 PM
Boy, I'm glad that color didnt come through! This post would have been a REAL eyesore then! Actually, regular size font, unbolded and black works for most people here. In fact, you are lucky I am even responding to this post. You should also have an "edit" button in the top right corner of your post box to change your screwups.

About your partitions, you will probably find it difficult to enlarge your existing FC / partition. Instead why not just change the FAT32 partition into ext3 and mount it in FC? Call it /anything. You can do this through GParted or QTParted. If you dont have either you can get them through yum, yumex, pirut or whatever package manager you use.