PDA

View Full Version : BSD include files

XGus
12th February 2007, 07:02 PM
Hi!

I 'm trying to compile some Linux software that requires to be linked against /usr/include/bsd/....
I cannot find that dir nor what packages it belongs.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Gus

XGus
12th February 2007, 07:08 PM
Sorry, I want to say "requires /usr/include/bsd/..... headers".

Gus

Dies
12th February 2007, 07:34 PM
It would be helpful to mention what you're trying to compile.

Unless you have to kill us..................

XGus
12th February 2007, 10:09 PM
Yes, well, yes, I will tell you what I'm compiling, I'm not trying to kill anybody....
It Wanware's Linux X.25 utilities (ftp://ftp.wanware.com/pub/linux/x25/x25-utils-2.1.20.tar.gz) from www.wanware.com.
Since iproute2 seems to not support x25 family protocol, and ifconfig & route are based on iproute funcitonality, I need some utilities to configure x25 interfaces (an ethertap'ed one that is handled by XOT to encapsule it into a TCP data packet)
There is a Make file in sources that instruct CC to include headers from /usr/include/bsd, what are missing somewhere.

Thanks, Gus

Dies
13th February 2007, 01:43 AM
Yes, well, yes, I will tell you what I'm compiling, I'm not trying to kill anybody....

It was a joke.......you know how people say well if I tell I'll have to......nevermind, lol.

Anyways getting back to your issue, this is way above my level but couple things I can think of are:

a.) Look for this part in the makefile and comment out that line then run make and see if the results are usable. :D

################### END OF CONFIGURATION PART ###############################

# Just to have a short-cut in the subdirectory Makefiles.
#IBSD=-I/usr/include/bsd -include /usr/include/bsd/bsd.h <---
b.) Make a fake file and see what happens :eek:

su -
mkdir -p /usr/include/bsd/
touch /usr/include/bsd/bsd.h

Give it what it wants then run make.

XGus
13th February 2007, 03:41 PM
Yes :D , it compiles, but x25route has some confusion with the interface. I'm debuging it.

Thanks, Gus