PDA

View Full Version : vista in grub

thor908
11th February 2007, 07:05 AM
Im getting ready to install vista on a new internal drive how do i add it to grub?

d347hm4n
11th February 2007, 03:14 PM
v. gd question

leigh123linux
11th February 2007, 03:17 PM
The same way that you would add XP

JN4OldSchool
11th February 2007, 03:37 PM
The same way that you would add XP

Nope! Now you got to call MS and register your Linux ISO key and report your computer hardware. They then take your application for dual boot and present it before a review board within 30 days. You have to pass the review board by a 60% margin then they submit the work order into the system. While the work order is being processed you can contact the MS financial office to set up a payment plan (you know Linux infringes on MS patent and copyright law and if you want MS to demean itself to share the same computer with Linux then you must pay the Linux royalities) for the activation bootloader which will be sent to you within 30 business days of the work order being finalized.

leigh123linux
11th February 2007, 03:41 PM
Nope! Now you got to call MS and register your Linux ISO key and report your computer hardware. They then take your application for dual boot and present it before a review board within 30 days. You have to pass the review board by a 60% margin then they submit the work order into the system. While the work order is being processed you can contact the MS financial office to set up a payment plan (you know Linux infringes on MS patent and copyright law and if you want MS to demean itself to share the same computer with Linux then you must pay the Linux royalities) for the activation bootloader which will be sent to you within 30 business days of the work order being finalized.

F**K I didn't realize it had changed that much, I thought Vista was XP with a new UI , DirectX 10 and a big price tag :confused:

bob
11th February 2007, 03:50 PM
:rolleyes: *Ahem*...back to the question? Well, Jim's wiki has a good tutorial about dual booting: http://jimlawrnc.mine.nu/mywiki/DualBootLinux Keep in mind that you can also bios-switch to boot either distro too (just in case you're working through the right tweaks in grub).

d347hm4n
11th February 2007, 11:57 PM

unbelieveable winblows harded than ever

bob
12th February 2007, 12:02 AM
"unbelievable" is exactly right. JN4 started with the liquid nourishment a bit early today....

JN4OldSchool
12th February 2007, 12:05 AM
"unbelievable" is exactly right. JN4 started with the liquid nourishment a bit early today....

Sorry Bob, I didnt think anyone would actually BELIEVE my fairy tales... :rolleyes:

bob
12th February 2007, 12:13 AM
Believe? Heck, it's already all over Digg.com and Fark! Bill Gates denied it, but did acknowledge that the EULA now gives MS ownership of any hard drive on which Vista is installed as well as the contents of any personal data entered therein.

But, no harm done, let's get back to the bottle.

Carlton
12th February 2007, 12:26 AM
Check this link. An interesting artice that gives a brief explanation of why Dual Booting with Vista takes a couple extra steps. MS has changed the Boot Loader. I haven't tried it yet but plan on trying it later this evening.
http://desktoplinux.com/articles/AT2094892904.html

As for the Vista EULA. I read the whole thing. Typical MS but not as bad as has been reported.