PDA

View Full Version : Missing Switcher Buttons

Bad2theBone
10th February 2007, 04:32 AM
I am running Evolution 2.8.2.1
uname -r = 2.6.18-1.2869.fc6

Does anybody know why my Switcher Buttons are missing?
I've checked their help file and docs and there isn't any mention of turning them off or on. The Docs just say that they will be on the bottom of the left pane. I have nothing there just the folders higher up.

TIA

AndrewtTheArt
10th February 2007, 04:47 AM
Use Thunderbird? I know this seems lime a comp out, but I guarantee you it's better and has more support.

Bad2theBone
10th February 2007, 04:30 PM
Actually I was thinking along the lines of Seamonkey. A combo of FireFox & TBird. Launch Seamonkey starts the browser (FireFox modified) & the mail app (T'Bird modified), which is controlled by a toolbar on the bottom left of the browser The footprint is much smaller than their unmodified seperate components. I haven't made the switch because I have a need for a clendar program similar to what is in Evolution. So if there is a plugin for Seamonkey with the same functionality (if not more) than what I'm used to, than I'm not worried where my Switcher Buttons dissapeared to. :eek: :eek:

AndrewtTheArt
11th February 2007, 07:54 PM
Sounds wonderful (=

Bad2theBone
11th February 2007, 09:22 PM
Took the plunge yesterday. Installe SeaMonkey-1.0.7. Set up the mail part and transferred my bookmarks from FireFox and I ain't lookin' back. Now I need a way to get my mail archives from Evolution and I can get rid of that. Also if anybody knows of any plugins that are compt. with Seamonkey that will give me my calender with similar functionality of Evolution's calender.

paul matthijsse
11th February 2007, 09:38 PM
Does anybody know why my Switcher Buttons are missing?You mean those buttons to switch between mail, agenda, addressbook, etc? You can/must activate them in the menu, it's under something like (no English version around here) View - Change appearance.

Paul.

Bad2theBone
11th February 2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the response but I think I'm going to stay with Seamonkey that I've just switched to. (No pun intended with switch). I did check however, just out of curiosity and I don't seem to have any option to enable or disable the buttons. However, the sub-menu looks like there should be something on it but for some reason it's not there.