PDA

View Full Version : Realplayer problems

Boris Cat
10th February 2007, 02:40 AM
Ok I've downloaded realplayer10gold and finally managed to get it installed and up and running when I open it, and able to view a feed when I open it from realplayer

however I've still got 1 or 2 problems

I'm unable to figure out howto open a realmedia file from within firefox eg a BBC news feed :confused:
and unable to double click on a .ram file and start it with realplayer :confused:

I've looked and looked and come up empty handed

realplayer is in
/usr/RealPlayer/

Any help out there (please dont just link to a thread or a website........ I'm sick of trawling through them :( )

Boris

anyways its 1.40am and time for bed ;)

Wayne
10th February 2007, 02:44 AM
Ok I've downloaded realplayer10gold and finally managed to get it installed and up and running when I open it, and able to view a feed when I open it from realplayer

however I've still got 1 or 2 problems

I'm unable to figure out howto open a realmedia file from within firefox eg a BBC news feed :confused:
and unable to double click on a .ram file and start it with realplayer :confused:

I've looked and looked and come up empty handed

realplayer is in
/usr/RealPlayer/

Any help out there (please dont just link to a thread or a website........ I'm sick of trawling through them :( )

Boris

anyways its 1.40am and time for bed ;)

Sorry, but the only answer is to read a link:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=146794&highlight=RealPlayer

Wayne

Boris Cat
10th February 2007, 03:04 PM
Now this is getting silly :confused:

I've installed Realplayer as detailed

made sure there was no mplayer plugins listed (not that I've installed mplayer)

and realmedia files are still not opening inside firefox :mad:

if I save the link to the desktop, then open the link in realplayer it works

Something to do with totem still trying to open the realmedia files as you can see from the attached screenshot

Wayne
10th February 2007, 11:51 PM
Instead of mplayer-plugin you appear to have totem-mozplugin which is blocking RealPlayer from working. Either disable the totem-complex-plugin.so (and maybe lose other functionality) or remove totem-mozplugin and replace it with the mplayer-plugin I linked.

Wayne

Boris Cat
11th February 2007, 12:20 AM
Yay!

Success at last after renaming the totem-complex-plugin

Cheers

Boris

Wayne
11th February 2007, 12:25 AM
Yay!

Success at last after renaming the totem-complex-plugin

Cheers

Boris

If that plugin is only for Real files then you're OK. Just be sure to rename it again if there's an update to totem-mozpluger as you'll get a new version installed :eek:

Wayne