PDA

View Full Version : Sound and video problems...

ggeo
8th February 2007, 03:49 PM
Hello everyone..

I have a weird problem with sound and video.My sound and video works when a play a dvd through mplayer,but i can only hear sound from my headphones.I have an on board MCP55 High Definition Audio ,nVidia,7.1.
When i try amarok it says it can't play mp3 ,but i have already installed gstreamer,gstreamer-ugly,xine,xinelib.
In the options i tried auto and alsa drivers,nothing happens.
When i play sound with rythmbox i can hear it only through my headphones.
When i try to play dvd through kaffeine it can't play and says sth about xvid and mrl.
Any suggestions..
Thanks!

Thetargos
8th February 2007, 05:52 PM
Hello ggeo.

Well, for the most part, your problems seem to be of configuration nature. For starters, your problem with the audio, is simply due to the nature of the Intel HD cards, chips and codecs (and nVidia uses it) so you will have to open your volume control panel, go into edit and select ever single thing you can check, then close and now you will have a much more populated mixer. Now there you will have to fiddle with the controls to disable the headphones and enable the master voulme, so you can have sound on your regular speakers.

The Xine and xine-based players problems are due simply to the fact that you lack the xine-extras-nonfree package from Livna. If you have the Livna repository configured on your machine, just install that package, otherwise, configure Livna (rpm.livna.org) and install that package, then Amarok (which now uses the xine engine) will be able to playback mp3s and xine (and Kaffeine) will be able to play DVDs, make sure to also install libdvdcss.

leigh123linux
8th February 2007, 05:55 PM
http://www.fedorafaq.org/

ggeo
8th February 2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks a lot Thetargos!

Everything works fine now!
Thanks!

Thetargos
8th February 2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks a lot Thetargos!

Everything works fine now!