PDA

View Full Version : MATLAB Fedora 6, keyboard freeze

gdemarco
8th February 2007, 07:49 AM
I installed MATLAB 7 on FC6.
It runs. But if I open a figure and then go back in the command window, the keyboard is not working!
Moreover, if I get back to the figure and then again to the command window, if I type Enter then all buffered and typed characters come out. And forever the same behaviour.

What's worng?
I have a japanese keyboard

joe.pelayo
8th February 2007, 08:02 AM
I don't know what your problem is, however I suggest you to run Matlab from a command line so you can see there any error message it makes (so you can search/post it).
What kind of computing are you doing with it? Perhaps you find useful Scilab instead. This last one works perfectly in Linux.
http://www.scilab.org
Joe.

gdemarco
9th February 2007, 01:11 AM
I did it, and it works. Some times, a 3D driver error is fired. But not always.
I think it's the former problem is related to some misunderstanding between x11 and Matlab.
But I'm not an expert
G

Thetargos
9th February 2007, 01:44 AM
I've got Matlab 2006 here and working just fine, you have the native version, I assume? I.e, you're not running through Wine, are you?

gdemarco
9th February 2007, 02:59 AM
I use MATLAB for UNIX/Linux
Wine is to resource hungry

Thetargos
9th February 2007, 04:03 AM
Now that is odd... I've not seen such problems with Mtlab in Linux, ever.

kambrian
10th April 2007, 04:12 AM
Hi I'm having the same problem right now with Matlab 7 R14 on my fc6. When I created a figure, the keyboard doesn't work for matlab thereafter. Besides, I didn't find any error message in the terminal that started matlab.
However, the matlab menu and mouse works well.

Anyone to help please?

joe.pelayo
11th April 2007, 08:08 PM
I had problems with Matlab somewhere in the past. I don't remember exactly but since I was just experimenting and don't really nead MATLAB nor had a license, decided to use OSS instead. Scilab?

paranoid
12th April 2007, 07:04 AM
I have another, when I try to install MATLAB usinginstall -t
i got next error:
... symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

I have glibc-2.5-3

FunWithDirt
12th April 2007, 08:21 AM
I've got MATLAB 7.3.0 (2006b) running with no problems on fc6. I had some trouble installing, I needed some Xorg libraries that I didn't have, libXp, libXpm. but once installed I haven't had a problem.

the4thchild
27th September 2008, 12:37 AM
I'm seeing these keyboard freezes in Matlab 7.4 (R2007a, student version) on Fedora 9 as well. The keyboard works fine in other applications, and I can stop and restart Matlab to get the keyboard working there again. Does anyone see this, or have a workaround? It's not a showstopper, but annoying during long matlab sessions.