PDA

View Full Version : Beryl - Stuck with 2 desktops on cube

Trel
8th February 2007, 04:46 AM
I'm now using Beryl 0.1.9999.1 and KDE.
I am stuck on only having 2 desktops available, KDE says I have it configured as having 2, but it shows 4, if I change it to 4, it shows 8, but I still only have 2 on the cube.
(This started on the upgrade previous to this)

Also since this latest upgrade, when I try to drag a window to the edge so it goes to a different desktop, the screen spazzes out, but it does still seem to go to the new desktop.

Thetargos
8th February 2007, 06:17 PM
I've noticed my share of problems with this latest update of Beryl, have you filed any bugs yet? I do not have this issue as such (as I don't use both together KDE and Beryl, but rather Beryl under GNOME). At any rate, my advice would be for you to file a bug report on this particular issue, it looks like conflict between Kwin and Beryl.

Trel
9th February 2007, 05:34 PM
I didn't notice this problem until the last two updates though, but what I read on beryl said the settings manager should have an option to configure the amount of desktops. I saw that option nowhere. However, I will file a bug report, but I do not know where to file it. Can you direct me to the proper place to file said bug report?

Thetargos
9th February 2007, 06:47 PM
Start with Fedora's Bugzilla (bugzilla.redhat.com), you'll have to register. Then maybe you could see if the upstream project is aware of this situation.

THE Ralfinator
9th February 2007, 10:01 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I still haven't been able to get AIGLX or anything running on my friend's laptop running KDE on FC6 :p

Thetargos
10th February 2007, 08:38 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I still haven't been able to get AIGLX or anything running on my friend's laptop running KDE on FC6 :p
With an ATi card not supported by the R300 capable radeon driver?