PDA

View Full Version : uninstall fedora

foodpies
8th February 2007, 03:13 AM
ok so i recently got fedora core 6, but its not working out for me. its rather confusing for doing things i can easily do in wondows. so im gonna switch back to my old XP

i inserted my install disk, but it never runs the windows XP installer. it says analyzing hardware or something like that then the screen goes black and does nothing.

so i figured if i uninstall my fedora and start with a clean hardrive with nothing on it ill be good to go, how do i go about doing this.

bob
8th February 2007, 03:26 AM
Well, you can simply remove the partitions with FC on it by using this how-to: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=114662 You might consider giving other distros a try before giving up on linux though. Frankly, Fedora's a bit advanced for a brand new user. Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS, Mepis and some others are easier to work with at first. You also can probably get a Live CD for those or other distros which will give you an opportunity to play without writing anything to your hard drive. Good luck in any case.

foodpies
8th February 2007, 03:34 AM
ok thanks... should have looked harder on the site.

i think ill just go back to windows, its what i know, I hate doing it but i just cant do the whole linux thing.

thank you

Wayne
8th February 2007, 03:39 AM
ok thanks... should have looked harder on the site.

i think ill just go back to windows, its what i know, I hate doing it but i just cant do the whole linux thing.

thank you

No big deal! You tried, it didn't work you but at least you tried. Come back again when Fedora 7 is released in April and see if it works any better! Grab a livecd or dvd and play around with that before committing it to your hard disk.

Wayne

foodpies
8th February 2007, 04:10 AM
back again, it didnt delete anything

it had a problem after it was searching for installed fedora

it said this:

***glibc detected*** /usr/bin/python:double free or corruption (!prev): 0x082c5800***

any idea what this means

bob
8th February 2007, 04:33 AM
Ha! No clue. Well, it's Slash & Burn time. Download and run this puppy and it's gonna wipe it all away so you can do a fresh install: http://dban.sourceforge.net/