PDA

View Full Version : installing chinese for fedora core 6

elijah_lao8
7th February 2007, 03:53 PM
Hi guys!

I have a question. How do I install the Chinese language support from the Fedora Core 6 CDs? Usually, what I do is during the installation phase, I go to languages and check the Chinese support so that it installs all the possible inputs for Chinese (e.g. Traditional, Pinyin, Canton, etc.) I mean, all of them. But there were instances that I forgot to include Chinese. So, how do I install chinese support from the cds or from the internet. I read through some questions being asked and it was written that I would use:

yumsu -c 'yum groupinstall chinese-support'

is this correct? Thanks! :)

Thecowking
9th February 2007, 05:40 PM
For the fonts I pulled them down from Pirut, and as for the input I used:
su
Password:
yum -y install scim
yum -y install scim-pinyin
mkdir -p ~/.xinput.d
ln -s /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim ~/.xinput.d/default

elijah_lao8
10th February 2007, 11:20 AM
I'll try it :) Thanks!

Wayne
10th February 2007, 12:33 PM
Hi guys!

I have a question. How do I install the Chinese language support from the Fedora Core 6 CDs? Usually, what I do is during the installation phase, I go to languages and check the Chinese support so that it installs all the possible inputs for Chinese (e.g. Traditional, Pinyin, Canton, etc.) I mean, all of them. But there were instances that I forgot to include Chinese. So, how do I install chinese support from the cds or from the internet. I read through some questions being asked and it was written that I would use:

yumsu -c 'yum groupinstall chinese-support'

is this correct? Thanks! :)

If you're a GUI guy you can fire-up the Add/Remove Software tool and go to the languages section and do it from there.

Wayne

elijah_lao8
10th February 2007, 06:56 PM
I am a GUI guy :) haha! I'll try it. Thanks very much! :)

Wangberg
10th February 2007, 08:08 PM
command line is way faster