PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Core 7.

xploder
7th February 2007, 02:03 AM
Can someone help me fix two problems I am having with Core 7?

The first problem is none of my OpenOffice apps will run...

My second problem is my DVD and CD-ROM will not mount.

I have all of the current updates installed. I really like the look and feel of Fedora and am hoping to get these problems taken care of.

Thanks!

Wayne
7th February 2007, 02:08 AM
Can someone help me fix two problems I am having with Core 7?

The first problem is none of my OpenOffice apps will run...

I have all of the current updates installed. I really like the look and feel of Fedora and am hoping to get these problems taken care of.

Thanks!

Fedora 7 has not been released yet, it's only a Test 1. A Test release is for the developers to get feedback on bugs and things that are not working. Asking here for help on an unreleased product is the wrong thing to do. You should file bug reports on things that are broken. Fedora Core 6 is the current stable release and if you have problems with it then you can ask them here, but not 7.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule

Wayne

JN4OldSchool
7th February 2007, 02:12 AM
doesnt anyone read anymore?

<bashing head on desk>

leigh123linux
7th February 2007, 02:12 AM
mount it manually

Wayne
7th February 2007, 02:13 AM
doesnt anyone read anymore?

<bashing head on desk>

Sigh! :confused: Is this the same person that asked the same question a few days ago and got the same answers?

Wayne

JN4OldSchool
7th February 2007, 02:19 AM
I dont know, but I dont even have the cojones to try FC7 yet and I know FC. Was it just a mistake, the OP didnt READ it was in testing? Or did he take "cutting edge" to a whole new level?

nick.stumpos
7th February 2007, 02:22 AM
test 1 64 bit has been a pain to install I definitely got some bugs to report, but on a side not didnt their used to be a forum for the test releases, or am i just imagining that

Wayne
7th February 2007, 03:25 AM
I dont know, but I dont even have the cojones to try FC7 yet and I know FC. Was it just a mistake, the OP didnt READ it was in testing? Or did he take "cutting edge" to a whole new level?

Right, I won't try it till it's released. I haven't got time to fiddle with test releases, especially on this machine that I need to do stuff.

It looks like a different person, although he could have registered with another name:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=146711

Wayne

bob
7th February 2007, 03:41 AM
By the way, 'mount' doesn't work for me on T-1; bugzilla's aplenty filed. Holding out hopes for T-2.

nick.stumpos
7th February 2007, 06:03 AM
mount works here, although all my ide harddrives are marked /dev/sdx as opposed to /dev/hdx. took me a second to realize this. also something i wont bug report, cuz its not a bug, but i hate the control panel. although i barely use gui configs, it still annoyed me