PDA

View Full Version : bit torrent

Abda92
6th February 2007, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone. I've tried to install a few apps from the graphical yum but they don't seem to work. i've tried to open a torrent file but it didn't open. and i don't know how to open the apps. can someone please help me?

sideways
6th February 2007, 03:22 PM
from a terminal you can login as root and use yum directly eg to get ktorrent

su -
yum install ktorrent

Then launch it by typing 'ktorrent &' in any terminal (the '&' will give you control of your terminal back straight away while the app launches. Alternatively you can find it in the gnome menu bar under Applications->Internet->Ktorrent

astawerksdotcom
6th February 2007, 04:22 PM
i use utorrent with Wine. Works like a champ!!

jazzyjerome
12th August 2007, 05:52 PM
I tried bothe
yum install bit torrent. It installed but I don't know where to find it or how to start it.
Yum install ktorrent Found it in internet works fine.

a_small_cake
12th August 2007, 05:58 PM
KTorrent is good for KDE, for Gnome I would install Deluge or Transmission.

Dangermouse
12th August 2007, 06:12 PM
Hello if your using F7 bittorrent is alredy installed and ready to go, its in the menus or you can strart it by typing bittorrent in a terminal. and you can start a torrent just by dragging and dropping it on program.
Personally i always us Ktorrent it works well in gnome as well, but mostly it supports upnp so i dont need to configure my router.

jazzyjerome
12th August 2007, 06:55 PM
Hello if your using F7 bittorrent is alredy installed and ready to go, its in the menus or you can strart it by typing bittorrent in a terminal. and you can start a torrent just by dragging and dropping it on program.
Personally i always us Ktorrent it works well in gnome as well, but mostly it supports upnp so i dont need to configure my router.
I wasn't aware of that. I'm still on core 6. Nice to know though.